TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Raven Knight Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Raven Knight

Points: 5,417, Level: 10 Points: 5,417, Level: 10 Points: 5,417, Level: 10

Parents - February 3rd 2015, 11:20 AM

Lately it seems that my parents are never happy. The other night they got into a huge fight. My mother already got divorced once, I don't want it to happen again! Last night they wouldn't even sleep in the same bed. I feel awful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Points: 25,840, Level: 23 Points: 25,840, Level: 23 Points: 25,840, Level: 23

Re: Parents - February 7th 2015, 07:22 PM

Hey there,

I am really sorry that you've been feeling this way. Have you tried to vent your feelings? You could write about them, blog, or express yourself through art or dance. You can also talk to someone about how you feel. This could be a teacher or a counsellor at your school/ University, a social worker, a friend or any adult in your family. You could also call up a hotline. Here is a list of hotlines- http://www.teenhelp.org/hotlines/

Have you tried to talk to your mother about what has been going on between her and her husband? It is possible that your fears might not be true. But even if they are, you could have your mother's support in dealing with the situation and I am sure she'd appreciate the support that she'll receive from you.

I hope that this helps a bit.

You are always welcome to PM/VM me if you need someone to lend you an ear.

Stay strong.

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Returning Member
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dani

Points: 5,938, Level: 11 Points: 5,938, Level: 11 Points: 5,938, Level: 11

Re: Parents - February 16th 2015, 05:46 AM

Hello,
Im sorry you are having to deal with this. When family members are not getting along, it can be very stressful. What I think would be helpful for the moment is to focus your energy elsewhere. Try hanging out with friends or joining a club at school just to get your mind off of the situation and get you out of the house.
Also, talking to someone about your feelings can really help! I know it can be difficult to open up to someone, but just having someone there to listen can make all the difference. Talking to your mom might also help. She may be able to shed some light on the situation so you know what to expect. Just because she has been through a divorce before doesn't mean it will head that way again.
I hope this helped at least a little.
Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to.
Closed Thread