TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sen Vanos Offline
That One Guy
Not a n00b

Name: Sen

Uh-oh - August 27th 2015, 01:59 PM

No, I mean a SERIOUS uh-oh. A VERY serious uh-oh. Apparently, what I just overheard of my parents, my dad is going to get fired, and our house is going to get sold. Mind, we aren't the richest people, we aren't poor per say, but also aren't rich. My father is the only income of money in my entire family, which means if he stops, we can't get food, I won't be able to continue my education in jr. high and can't get water. This is bad. Help, please.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Uh-oh - August 27th 2015, 03:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. It must be stressful for you. Have you considered telling your parents you over heard them? You might want to. They might have a plan for one or both of them to find quick temporary work somewhere. Also they might have some money saved up, and there might be some kind of unemployment benefits you don't know about. Talking to them might really help relieve the anxiety because they can let you know what's going on.
Also, why wouldn't you be able to continue your education? If you're still in primary/elementary/secondary school it is usually free, or at least massively subsidized, and a legal requirement in many countries and the school will work with you to make sure you can go. I know where I live that you had to pay about $50 a year but if you couldn't pay it they make arrangements to waive the fee.
Any ways, I really hope everything will be ok. Like I said, talking to your parents will probs ly be really helpful. A lot of social nets exist in many countries to support families who've fallen into financially difficult times. If you need to talk, we're all here.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Uh-oh - August 28th 2015, 06:20 PM

Hey there.

I'm sorry about what's going on right now. Sounds like a tough, stressful situation to be in and maybe your parents didn't want you knowing just yet so you wouldn't feel so stressed so I agree with Andie that you should talk to your parents and let them know you overheard them talking. There might be another side to this you don't know about such as a plan of theirs in place (short-term job, savings, plans to live with a family member etc) so it may help if they were to fill you in on that to relieve your worries.

As Andie mentioned, couldn't you still continue your education as most public schools are free or at least not costly at all? In the worst case scenario that your house is sold, are there any family members or family friends that you and your family can stay with just until your parents find work again?

Hope everything works out. Let us know how things go? Take care and feel free to reach out for support through this.

Closed Thread