TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
slowly_fading Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Auburn

not sure... family, bye - August 29th 2015, 04:37 AM

I'm getting ready to move out into a church families house. There have been issues between my family and I for a long time. My church family will be able to provide me a more stable support system. I'm going to miss my parents a lot though. I love them even though I have been hurt by them. My mom told me she can not live with me and I'm very understanding to that. So with my willingness I'm leaving on good terms so that she can't kick me out. I just feel so guilty about leaving. I love them but I know this will help with my relationship with the Lord. I guess I'm just scared because I'm actually getting myself out of the circumstances I've been in for the past years...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: not sure... family, bye - August 29th 2015, 01:23 PM

Hey,

I don't know much about church housing, but it sounds like this could be a really positive thing for you. It's understandable that you're a bit cautious of it - they're your family and you love them, there's nothing wrong with that! But there's also nothing wrong with doing what's best for you. You have needs and addressing them in this way might help you. I'm really glad that you're leaving it on such a positive note - it sounds like you're very mature about the situation and you definitely know what will help you best.

Keep us updated about how everything goes! Try and stay positive, life can get better and you seem to be taking the first steps towards that. Please don't feel guilty about that.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: not sure... family, bye - August 30th 2015, 04:40 PM

Congratulations on taking a step which you feel is best for you. I'm sorry things are so complicated with your family, but at the end of the day, try to remember that you have to do what you feel is best. Good luck!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: not sure... family, bye - August 31st 2015, 04:28 PM

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you have a complicated and tough relationship with your family but I am glad you're taking positive steps for yourself. Maybe this is the best thing and maybe not being with your family all the time will help you have a better relationship with them which would be really nice. Its always scary moving out of home and going somewhere new but you're a strong person by the sounds of it and I am sure you are going to be just fine but if you need us, remember we're always here so don't be alone!

Take good care,
Jesse

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: not sure... family, bye - August 31st 2015, 08:30 PM

Hi there, Hazel!

I'm sorry you've experienced such troubles with your family to have to do this in the first place, but while I don't know very much about church housing, it sounds like it could be a very positive thing for you especially to get out of your current environment. Even though this change is probably scary, remind yourself that you're doing what's best for you and that this will most likely improve your life.

You obviously love and care for your family a lot but try not to be too hard on yourself. Right now, you need to look after your emotional health. Perhaps later on you could try and reconcile with your family after each of you have had time away from each other to think things over and such? The fact that you want to become closer to God also is wonderful and I hope you can. Take care and feel free to reach out here. Let us know how things go? I wish you the best of luck.

Closed Thread