TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ellenn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

OVERLOAD - September 4th 2015, 10:58 PM

My parents are divorced and have been since I was four years old. We have always managed pretty well sharing time between the two of them. Recently I have been extremely busy as I have two jobs and two families to try and share my time between. There have been a couple of muddle ups of plans getting mixed up and people not knowing plans. Tonight I drove to the local pub after work to meet my mum, step dad and brother (2 years older than me). Me and my brother have always been extremely close and rarely fall out but tonight he screamed at me infront of all the people in the pub. He was telling me to sort my life out and that I'm a mess. My mum said she agreed with him and I was embaressed and distraught. They'd all had alcohol. When we got home my brother hit me and pushed me out of the way. He keeps yelling and swearing at me. I try my best to make everyone happy and no one seems to understand how hard I find it. I can't make everyone happy and so they are all angry at me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffeegirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: OVERLOAD - September 4th 2015, 11:31 PM

I'm really sorry this has happened to you. I can only imagine living in a family where my parents were divorced. What happened to you was awful, especially since someone you were close to humiliated you like that. Honestly, you need to take time out for yourself. Maybe try not to please Everyone so much because eventually, you will be missing out on the things that make you happy. It's true, you can't please everybody but that's something we all have to live with. Maybe confronting your family about your schedule and how you're spread too thin would be a good start to an understanding with one another. Don't bottle up what you're feeling. You aren't alone and someone will always have you're back.
Best wishes to you

Closed Thread