TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ILoveDimaBilan Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nina

What More Can I Do? - May 13th 2009, 07:59 PM

My Friend L she has a rough life, she can be really nice and a laugh but she dwells on the smallest things that can be sorted out! She rants about guys saying ohh I love him soo much, fine their is liking someone but then their is letting it take over your life.

She's got to the point where she was self harming over this guy, what annoys me she's lived without him before can't she do it again.
I was their for here when her nan died and I'm doing my best now but their is only so much I can take in.

She now wants to commit suicide and she's self harming and I don't know what to do? I try but I she's not making a slight comprimise at all! So what do I do?

She's a good friend just needs to wake up about some stuff
Nico x

Giant owl goes...
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
- Paul Meton
- HIGNFY

Go against the rules walk on your own not behind someone else!
- Dima Bilan

The Glass of life is never half empty it is always half full
- ME

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: What More Can I Do? - May 15th 2009, 04:57 PM

Hey Nico,

First of all, I've moved this to the Friends and Family forum, as I think your thread fits better there. If you or anyone else disagrees, please feel free to PM me.

You sound like a great friend, and she's lucky to have someone as caring as you. It sounds like she needs some stability and support right now, and your friendship would help give her that. It's difficult when someone we know self harms because as much as we want to help them, and as much as they may want us to as well, you can't solve everything for them on your own. I really think that it would help if your friend tried talking to someone other than, or even as well as you; a teacher, guidance counsellor or her doctor for example. Self harm isn't an easy thing to deal with and she needs to reach out to people who can give her that professional help that she needs as well.

If you felt able to, it could even be worth showing her TH and seeing if she could use the site and get some of that help and support for herself. If you didnít want to, which I can understand, printing off some information from the self harm forum may be an idea worth trying. Thereís the list of recourses, list of alternatives and finally first aid information which may be helpful for her to read.

Remember that whenever youíre supporting a friend itís important that you have support as well, so please throughout all of this keep making sure you are okay and donít take too much on. Here anytime you need an ear, take care.

Closed Thread