TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Doctors Wolf
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Moon

Angry ailments - November 3rd 2015, 12:32 AM

So my first part of life i tried to get attention by hurting myseff. Bad idea and now i cant live if down. My parents brush away any hurt thst i have. I need glasses, well they will call they eye doctor in a few years and i just want attention. They see that i had symptoms of MS written down that iwwas expiriencing, i want attention and i dont have MS. i was told i have serious ADHD i told my parents, boom i don t have it and im attention seeking. I have serious signs of dyslexia attention seeking. Everytjing they wont even take me to a doctor. They barely pay attention to ke so how woukd thyy know? I feel rejected and now if i ever feel pain im afrsid to tell anyone. Even here i sound attention seeking. I just needed to rant. I dont know what to do. These things kinda upset my life in some ways and i cant even get checked out. I hate my life

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: ailments - November 3rd 2015, 05:37 AM

Hey.

That sounds very frustrating. Everyone makes mistakes but it's how we learn and grow as a person. I'm sorry you're still facing difficulties from mistakes of your past. At this point you should be proud of yourself because you don't do so now. You are speaking out when you are actually having issues now. I imagine you must have struggled a lot, though, to feel like you have to be dishonest to feel like people care. That must have been difficult for you.

Regardless, we believe you and most importantly, you know the truth. Even though that doesn't help the issue of your parents not taking you seriously, I hope it counts for something knowing that you are being honest and true. I don't feel like you are seeking attention by posting this, just venting and asking for support/advice maybe. There's nothing wrong with that! Speaking up and talking about your feelings is brave actually.

As for your parents, could any benefit come out of sitting down with them and having a talk about this? You could state that you realize you have been dishonest in the past but now you are being truthful with them. You could reassure them that you'll be honest from now on, and that you realize now that being dishonest wasn't the correct way to handle past situations. Acknowledging your mistakes and making it clear you are being honest and mature now could be a step in helping your parents begin to take your problems more seriously and bring you closer together.

Try being open and letting them know how you are feeling in regards to feeling as you aren't taken seriously. Reassure them you are being honest now and would be thankful for a second chance. Let them know that these problems you've brought to their attention have been affecting your life in a negative way and you'd appreciate if they'd make an appointment for you.

Hope this helped a bit and that your parents come around soon. Take care!

Closed Thread