TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Make my friend happy - November 3rd 2015, 07:31 PM

I have a friend, who has some pretty bad issues.
We sometimes meet and talk and stuff, but I would really like to do some fun things with her, to get her mind off all the bad things going on with her.

The problem is, I don't know what we could do together.
We can't go see a movie or something because she can't concentrate for long. It can't be anything food related cause that easily triggers her. She's not the kind of girl to go shopping or stuff.
The only thing that comes to my mind is to go hiking or something, but then the chances are rather big that she will start over thinking again.
I don't mind comforting her. It kinda makes me happy, that she trusts me enough to cry infront of me, but I would really like to give her a few hours where she can forget about everything and just feel happy for a bit.

So if any of you have an idea what we could do together that would be absolutley aweome!

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Make my friend happy - November 3rd 2015, 10:13 PM

Hi there!

I'm sorry your friend deals with a lot of severe issues. It can be heartbreaking when someone you care a lot about is dealing with severe negative circumstances.

You are such a good friend to care about her this much. The way you've listened and have been there for her to cry in front of you is amazing. She must trust you a lot and find your company comforting. Even if you aren't doing anything in particular, I'm sure you are helping her a lot by simply being there for her. I bet she appreciates it a lot, you know?

Other than the general plans such as going out to eat, going to a movie or going shopping there are a few small things you could do together but it depends on both of your interests on whether or not you'd both enjoy it.
  • Do crafts
  • Paintball/laser tag
  • Play video games
  • Play a board game
  • Put on music and lip sync
  • Write a poem/story together
  • Both of you get together and paint your nails
  • Try to solve a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle together
  • Make simple jewelry and make her a friendship bracelet
  • Visit the pet store with her. Animals are very therapeutic!

Some of the above ideas are silly but a good way to cheer a person up is to allow them and yourself to be silly!

Wish I had more ideas but I hope this helped and maybe even sparked a few ideas of your own. Either way, I just wanted to tell you again that you are a fantastic friend and she's lucky to have your friendship. I'm sure you help her immensely by simply keeping her company.

A couple other things might help her. Have you heard of calming jars? Maybe you could make her one in her favorite color. Or buy her a simple friendship bracelet/necklace so she'll be reminded someone cares when she is alone and feeling low.

Hope your friend feels better soon and that some of the issues she is dealing with improves. Feel free to message me anytime if you need someone to talk to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: Make my friend happy - November 8th 2015, 12:12 PM

Thanks Ellie!

Doing crafts sounds like the perfect idea. Especially now that it's close to christmas. maybe we could make cookies together to give them to friends and such. I'm sure she would really like that!
And the board game idea sounds awesome too! Maybe we could even pla video games. I love them, not sure if she likes them though, but we will see^^
Those ideas helped a lot and I can't wait till we meet again to try them!
Thanks!

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

Closed Thread