TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
All you need is love <3
Not a n00b

Name: Francesca or Frankie

Am I really weird :S - May 14th 2009, 07:39 PM

OK, so don't know whether this should go here...But hey, feel free to move it.

I really don't know how to put this into words...Basically I always think about adoption, and my parents not being my real parents. Now I know when you're a kid its quite natural to go through a sort of "you're not my real parents" phase where you expect your real mum and dad to come and pick you up.
But thing is, this is ongoing, and has been for some time. I'm 17 now, and have no reason AT ALL to think I'm adopted. I mean I don't look that much like my parents. But really, not that many people do. But I fantasize (not really right word) about being adopted all the time. I often get really depressed and down because of it. Sometimes I have real parents who are just randomers, who I don't know. Sometimes they are celebs etc. But often they are my teachers. Now I love my teachers, but I don't think that is normal. Whatsmore is that this has been going on for sometime. I remember when I was like 6 i was certain that my yr 1 teacher was my real mother.
I know that I'm almost like 99.9999999999% sure I'm not adopted (more like 100%) so why do I feel this way??? And why teachers????
I need to emphasise that I have an AMAZING family. I wouldn't trade them for the world and wouldn't really want to be part of another family, and yet i still think about this all the time.
Help me...please!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
LiveLaughLove Offline
L☮VE = the answer (=
Not a n00b

Name: Simone

Re: Am I really weird :S - May 14th 2009, 08:19 PM

Hmm... well its great that you have such a wonderful family
Sure its natural to think about that sort of thing ~ I'm pretty sure everyone
thinks that way at some point. I'm not too sure about the ongoing nature of
your situation, or why your teachers play such a big role in it, though. Maybe
its just because you see your teachers for he greater part of the day, then you
either go home or go out, and its still probably some time before you see your parents... so maybe that has something to do with it? Either way, being adopted
isn't a bad thing... it just means that whoever birthed you, for some reason, couldn't
take care of you properly, and they cared enough to try and give you the best chance you could get ~ which is a pretty difficult thing to do. Then that someone else took you into their home and loved you unconditionally... its actually pretty beautiful, more so than a sad thing.
That is, if you even were adopted... which, it seems as if you weren't.
I'm sorry that its upsetting you, though. Just remember that you do have an amazing family, and that family isn't always comprised of the people you share DNA with, anyway. Its the people who care for you and love you unconditionally.
Hey, maybe you're just super creative, and have an active imagination, too. Which could be why you're fantasizing about all this.
Anyway, I wish you the best.

Peae&Love,

Simone.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Magicalisland Offline
Human being
Junior TeenHelper

Name: E. Brill

Re: Am I really weird :S - May 14th 2009, 08:47 PM

Well, I love being me but sometimes I like to pretend that I'm a completely different person. It's because I will never be anybody else so I can only imagine what being anyone but me is like. Maybe because you will never have any other family than the one you already have, you feel the need to pretend otherwise. Also, although you have an amazing family, no family is perfect. Maybe the families you pretend to have bear qualities that members of your real family do not. I'm sorry if you are getting depressed over this. You are probably just feeling guilty for having such an amazing family and doubting whether they are really your family. I am only guessing as to why you are feeling like this, so if I've got it all wrong then please understand that this is based purely on what you have said.

Closed Thread