TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Despair... Offline
Stay Awesome :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: India

Question Low self esteem - December 12th 2015, 09:37 PM

Ok, I just need to make sure im not weird or anything, and im sure you'll all say it's fine, but just in case, is it weird that I will write things in my journal, go into my therapy sessions, and have her read it? I dont know. I feel like other people in my group wouldn't do that, and now I feel self conscious, but I really enjoy doing it because I can express my true inner feelings, that I cant verbally. She always pressures me to read it aloud, but I get so nervous I will start shaking... So I kind of feel weird. Aggh. I wish I could be like those self confident girls who dont give a shit about anything! They can be home alone, or just be by themselves and do absolutely anything and be completely content.. Jealous

the girl who always seemed unbreakble finally
BROKE
the girl who seemed strong
CRUMBLED
the girl who always laughed
CRIED
the girl who never stopped trying finally
GAVE UP

she let her fake smile fade and as she did a tear rolled down her cheek and she whispered

' i can't do this anymore'

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Low self esteem - December 13th 2015, 01:56 AM

Hi there!

You're correct, that is fine and you aren't weird for this. Actually, that's a great first step into easing into talking about your feelings. Writing your feelings out is easier than talking about it, but it's still scary having someone read your feelings. Therefore, you've made a big step and you should be proud of yourself! I do suggest reading it to your therapist. You don't have to right away, just try your best each session, you know? Don't pressure yourself but give it a try.

You know, I believe you can overcome your low self esteem and lack of confidence. It's something you have to slowly build up and work on. Put effort into it and have patience and faith in yourself. Easing into facing your fears is a good place to start. For example, staying at home alone (if it's safe where you reside and have resources in case of emergencies) for a short amount of time, and work on it from there. Perhaps you could also approach the issue of low self esteem with your therapist?

Hang in there. You can do this because you've proved you're already strong and brave.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Low self esteem - December 15th 2015, 09:34 AM

Indiaaaa!

I agree with everything Ellie said. And I also think that confidence is something that you should nurture, but part of it comes from ignoring possible negative perceptions of others , and caring more about your growth Just think of any calming thing you can think of (Some nice relaxing music, bryan mcknight for example ) and also remember that you're capable in your own ways. I don't think i'll ever be able to ride a horse like you do, like ever for example!

Most of all, just remember to believe in yourself and trust that you can accomplish big things and you'll be able to accomplish awesome deeds. I know you have it in you! India is awesome and she'll always stay awesome No matter what! Why be like others when you might be even better than them? You got your own personality and you are so fun to be with! The fact that you care and show concern for others is a very positive strength that i fully respect and admire

And you also know that I'll be around right? Cause that's how it'll be.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread