TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Astar Offline
Not a n00b

... - December 13th 2015, 08:10 PM

Ivd had enough, everytime my anxiety gets bad I gey awlful I hate everyone I want to be so mean to everyone and i do that I treat people so horrible and I know I'm so mean but I can't help it and nothing helps and I've had enough and I'm so mean to people I know people hate me really who'd want to be my friend when I'm so horrible and I give up if had enough. I feel So bad all the time but I'm still mean and don't deserve to be around. I wish I could just go somewhere were no one else could find me and I'd left alone forever

I can do it and I can get through it. So can you xx

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: ... - December 13th 2015, 09:04 PM

Hey.

Anxiety and difficult feelings can make even the best of us feel irritable and prone to snapping at those around us. Even those we care most about. I'm not saying it's okay to be mean to other people, but I am saying to try to have compassion for yourself, you know? You're obviously struggling and that's why you act this way. You need support and understanding, especially from yourself. That could help you pull through this because beating yourself up will only make you feel worse and more prone to snapping at others and yourself.

The people around you likely don't hate you. I'm sure they know that when you act that way, it isn't truly you and just a result of the issues you deal with. If not, have you tried talking to your friends about why you act out, and about how you have been struggling with that?

Can I ask what feelings cause you to act out towards others, and the thought process you have during it? When I have felt low, I have acted out by being sarcastic. I have found ways to avoid doing that, but they don't always work. It works the majority of times. I can manage it better and control my feelings to avoid hurting other people's feelings. After all, it isn't their fault and even when it is, I do my best to handle it in a better way by taking a step back and returning later to talk about what upset me in a more effective way.

One thing that helps is recognizing when you need to take a step back by being more aware of your feelings and urges to say/do things. When you begin feeling angry, just say you need to get some air and go for a walk to clear your thoughts. Or you could resort to a distraction. Finding an outlet such as writing your feelings down can be helpful as well. It's important that you find healthy outlets that don't hurt you or anyone else, because allowing feelings to build up can cause you to act out towards others as well.

Remember, be kind and forgiving towards yourself. You're struggling and deserve some understanding and kindness. Take care.

Closed Thread