TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Butter Offline
Appears at the worst times
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Butter or Bratwurst

Unhappy I never saw it coming, espically from him. - February 5th 2016, 11:32 PM

Hi guys,

Something huge and scary happened last night.

My dad was teaching me how to do taxes when all of a sudden my mother started crying hysterically in the other room. He got up to comfort her but they started fighting at whisper level. I could make out things likeDon't you even fucking say that you love me" "You can't even say that with a straight face" The fight eventually moved into the garage, where I pressed my ear against the door to evesdrop. This time I heard things along the line of " "You've been lying to me for I don't even know how long" and my dad saying "It's not my fault that she's interested in me" "so it's ok if you tell that to HER?" . I'm at least 90% sure that my Dad has been cheating on my mother. At this point I ran upstairs, but the resistance was futile as they eventually started fighting in front of the car, where I could hear again.

"I'm Sorry" and "I fucked up"
were repeated from my dad over and over. This is extremely concerning because they never ever fight.Theyve been together since they were 15 and they're both 48 now.

When my sister and I attempted to ask them what was wrong, they said that it wasn't important. My sister did not hear any words, so she has no idea.

I'm really scared. What if they get divorced? Even if they don't, their relationship will never be the same.

I'm really scared. My relationship with my mom is rocky at best due to the fact that she's extremely judgmental, overprotective and old fashioned, so I am much closer to my dad. I can't believe that the same man who raised me would cheat on my mother. I'm so confused and so scared.

How should I deal with this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
justapisces Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: emily

Re: I never saw it coming, espically from him. - February 6th 2016, 02:09 AM

hey! i hope you're feeling a little better (it's okay if not because you're allowed to be sad, especially in situations like this)

I know you're really scared but right now you can try being there for your mom because he violated her trust and she's probably trying to process everything. She might need some time to confront your dad again so make sure she does it calmly so it doesn't result in another argument/fight

I know you're scared, and we're here for u.

you really care about your family and you just want the best for both of your parents' relationship, but if your dad continues to communicate with the other woman then they might need to take a break so he can sort everything out

just rememeber this: trust can be rebuilt, but it'll take time

i really wish everything turns out okay in the end and you can private message me if u still wanna talk about it to someone (im all ears!!!)

Closed Thread