TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
firefly 1401 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Post No one understands... - February 28th 2016, 06:26 PM

None of my friends or family really understand how I feel. 9-10 years ago, my mum got diagnosed with a disease (fibromyalgia) and then everything changed. My sister was born shortly after, we moved, my parents split, I moved up to high school and I got bullied for being different.

Everything isn't as bad (I have to say) but something just doesn't feel right. I can't talk to either of my parents or friends/ family and I feel like something is wrong I just cannot pin point what. There is so much rubbish that has built up in my head over the last 10 years that I cannot even remember key memories (happy ones) and cannot control emotions sometimes as well. I'm not depressed but I do feel as though I am sad rather than happy usually. I think I thought that if I told others (around the same age as me) that everything will stop messing with my head...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: No one understands... - February 29th 2016, 01:27 AM

Hey,

I am glad that you wrote this out. I think the best thing you can do is work on identifying that thing that you feel is wrong. Is it the sadness you are feeling? Is it some other emotion? I think if you could work on figuring that out you might be able to work on figuring out ways to resolve it.

I would suggest that you talk to someone about how you are feeling. Is there a reason you can't talk to your parents? Sometimes it can feel like you can't talk to your parents but in reality you can and they can give you the support you need. I would also suggest that you look into talking to a counselor at your school. I know that can be a big step to take but they can help you figure out what that thing is that is making you feel like something isn't right.

I hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: No one understands... - February 29th 2016, 06:21 PM

I agree with what was said. I think you should find someone you trust to talk to about how you're feeling. Keeping your feelings inside will only allow them to build up even more than they already are now. Maybe you can talk to someone or write a note to help you get an idea of what you'd like to talk about.

It can be hard to remember happy memories sometimes, but when you work on your negative feelings, you will slowly remember the happy ones again. If you can remember a happy memory or two, try to focus on them. You can also try to go out of your way to acknowledge the things that make you happy each day.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread