TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Allisonftw Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Mom problems - February 29th 2016, 03:24 AM

Okay so lately my mother has been getting angry with my brother. IT's mostly cause of our step mother. So she got angry with him today cause he took a picture of her, hugging her. My mom starts to yell at him, saying that he can go live with her if she loved her more than her. This really irritates me. Cause before my brother was living with us, she got angry with me. Why? Same reason of course. She finally stopped getting angry with me when I had finally told my step mom i can't take pics with her. I can't hug her or be close to her. My mom is okay with me hugging my dad. She has been saying this to me before that "She's not your family!" and now she's saying that to my brother. This just gets me so angry that, I have to always remind my step mom i can't take pics of her. IF we even do take pics, I gotta tell her to not post it cause I'm terrified of my mother finding out. And honestly I feel bad for telling my step mom cause she just wants to take a picture of me and my bro but my mom has to always ruin the mood and make her feel bad and make us feel bad. I honestly dunno what to do. What can I do? Cause I am so sick of this childish attitude she is giving us. She's acting like a complete crazy, over attached girlfriend.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Malfoy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Mom problems - February 29th 2016, 07:03 AM

I Think you should say to Your mom and brother that they should stop fighting

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Mom problems - February 29th 2016, 06:27 PM

I think a lot of parents have trouble with step parents because they feel like their children might like their step parents more than their biological ones. And, usually, children of divorced parents do have a favorite house they stay at, assuming both biological parents have custody at one point or another.

I don't think it's fair for you or your brother to be unable to take pictures with your step mom for fear of what your mom will do. As long as you're comfortable taking pictures with your step mom, I don't see a problem with it. If your mom doesn't like that, that's on her. That's her issue. I think maybe you should sit down with your mom and explain that you and your brother do love her, but would like to have a relationship with your step mom and would like to do things such as taking pictures together, or hugging each other, without comment from your mom. Maybe you can suggest that she blocks your dad and step mom on social media or deactivates her accounts all together if it bothers her that much.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread