TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sektor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Was I being immature in this situation? - March 4th 2016, 01:23 PM

I was talking with my friend on the bus and when I was speaking them, a little kid kind of interrupted (as children do), to tell my friend something. My friend then just kind of left while I was talking to respond to the kid. I'm not bothered by what the kid did, as they are kid, but I kind of felt that what my friend did was a little rude. It happened a few more times and I kind of got annoyed as I thought my friend was kind of being rude and when I tried to get their attention while they were speaking to the kid (I know, looks immature), they told me to hang on. I got a little frustrated and kind of snapped at my friend for doing this (which is where I probably overreacted) and they just asked me how old I was. I feel like my friend was kind of rude in what they were doing, but as I said a kid was involved, so am I being immature or overreacting?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: Was I being immature in this situation? - March 4th 2016, 02:09 PM

In my personal opinion that's more on a matter of perspective. I personally don't think you were being immature, you were just frustrated that your friend kept telling you to hang on whilst they replied to the child. However I would definitely say that regardless of the child being a child, they could certainly have had a little more manners and just excused themselves for interrupting your conversation with your friend.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
sektor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Was I being immature in this situation? - March 4th 2016, 02:26 PM

But still, kids are kids and I was more frustrated how they kept like abandoning the conversation midway while I was speaking

(#4 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Associate HelpLINK Mentor
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Was I being immature in this situation? - March 9th 2016, 12:25 AM

I don't think you were being immature. Regardless of the ages of those involved, it's frustrating when you are trying to have a conversation and are frequently interrupted.

Perhaps if something like this occurs in future, you could just politely say, "I'll carry on talking to you once you've finished your conversation." Make it clear that you want their full attention and are not prepared to compete.

Be kind to yourself.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Charlai Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Was I being immature in this situation? - March 9th 2016, 12:46 PM

My opinion seems completely different from everyone else, I actually think you were a bit rash, i mean come on it was a kid asking your friend something.......... why overreact? just go scroll through ur fb newsfeed while your friend is speaking. was the conversation you and your friend having so dire it couldn't be paused for a few minutes?
Not trying to sound condescending but i think you overreacted

Closed Thread