TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
angle of death Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: James

sick of my family - May 17th 2009, 08:38 AM

im sick of my bloody familiy my dad bloody hits me my mom broke up with my dad when i was like 9 shes a junkie
my dad dont give a sht about like he hates me and my lil bro is his fav child...like my bro comes in my room starts making a mess then tells my dad i did it he hits me with the belt if my bro breaks something my dad said who cares, if i break one of his nerdy games i get hit with the belt if my bro takes something my dad says just let him have it, if i use one of my bros dvds he tells dad and starts yelling y do u touch his stuff leave him alone...
im just sick of this sht i dont wana live here any more im sick of getting abused for the littlest things of all and my bro gets everything he fuken wants

Last edited by angle of death; May 19th 2009 at 08:38 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: sick of my family - May 17th 2009, 01:16 PM

Hey James. I'm Katrina. It's nice to pseudo-meet you. Welcome to the boards!

James, if your dad is hitting you, you need to do something about that. I'd consider that abusive behavior and I just don't think that's right. Have you talked to your brother about this? Is he at all understanding? From the sound of it, I'm assuming he's not very understanding, but I figured that I would ask all the same. Is there possibly anyone else you could talk to? A counselor at school that would maybe be willing to discuss your options with you? Talking isn't a bad idea and actually usually helps, for that matter.

You take care of yourself, okay, James? Try to stay out of their way. I know it'll be difficult, but I also know it's better than you being treated badly. You're worth more than that.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Emma

Re: sick of my family - May 17th 2009, 01:40 PM

James it isn't fair that your Dad is hitting you for no reason, I'd talk to somebody about that. Nobody deserves to be hit, no matter what.

Have you considered seeing a counselor? Like Katrina said it could really help and they may be able to suggest some ideas on how to make things stop. Maybe if you spoke to your Dad about this, or even your Mum, even if you think she isn't that interested, she might be, you just need to talk about things as keeping them locked up inside makes things worse.

Hope things get sorted soon.
  Send a message via MSN to Emzy Send a message via Skype™ to Emzy 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: sick of my family - May 17th 2009, 02:24 PM

Hi James,

I am really glad you came here to talk about this. I'm sure you'll get some helpful advice.

It is not fair that your dad is abusing you that way and picking favourites. What he is doing is not legal and is not right at all. You should not have to live in a dangerous environment and have to put up with that.

If there are any bruises or marks from where he has beaten you, I suggest you show them to a counselor or teacher at school. If you report the abuse, then they have to help you. In this kind of situation, if you have to demand help, then do so. They will be able to help you get in touch with the police if you don't want to do it on your own.

Take this one step at a time, James. Get help for yourself and don't put up with your father's abuse any more.

Stay strong.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: sick of my family - May 17th 2009, 02:49 PM

Hey James, it's good to see youre reaching out for help!

This is a terrible thing your dad is doing, and you shouldn't have to live with this. How old is your brother? If he's old enough that you can discuss things with you should try talking to him, and maybe he will see how unfairly you're being treated and help you. To echo what was said before me, I think you should talk to someone like a counsillor or teacher about it, maybe even the police? Because what he's doing is considered child abuse and definately not legal.

I've been through something similar, so if you want to talk at anytime you can PM me, I'll be here to talk. Take care of yourself, and good luck

xDylan

(#6 (permalink)) Old
angle of death Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: James

Re: sick of my family - May 18th 2009, 08:42 PM

i spoke to my uncle about this and he said that he will let me move in with him but im not 100% sure because his house is like a 2 hour drive away and i wont realy see many of my friends anymore and being the new kid in school again...

Last edited by angle of death; May 19th 2009 at 08:38 AM.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: sick of my family - May 18th 2009, 09:01 PM

Hey James,

If you make the effort with your friends, it wont be as difficult as you think to see them and hang out with them. All it takes is some planning and communication. Make sure you have all of their phone numbers and emails so you can reach each other.

Your safety is the most important thing right now, even if it means moving 2 hours away. Never sacrifice your personal safety for anything or anyone. I'm sure your friends will understand.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread