TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bwolf Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,267, Level: 9 Points: 4,267, Level: 9 Points: 4,267, Level: 9

Angry My parents are making bad decisions - April 15th 2016, 05:09 AM

Hi, I've been running into issues with my parents you see they have always been okay parents never perfect but I have loved them just the same. Eventually I got older and I realized what was best for me in life, and started realizing that none of which my parents had. They relied on government money for everything from food to clothing, also when rent becomes to high or because they want to they make me and my family of 11 move, most of the time to 3-4 bedroom houses. Food always being unhealthy and never meeting my standards, and medical help, I was in a car accident and I kindamedicatieally strange and weird injury, I dislocate my left rib cage from my sternum. Eventually it was reattached but it reattached wrongly, so after months of receiving medical help the doctor said to get a back brace, s he gave us the prescription and... My parents has to live with my grandma a few states away so I never was able to get my brace. And after months of living with my grandma we moved back to where we lived and I never got my brace I needed. I met a friend online who I eventually met up with, and since things at my house started getting so bad I started going back and fourth between living with them and my family. My friends family gave me the things I needed like a back brace, and healthy food also space to live. My parents dragging me back each time saying I'm not allowed to stay. With my mom lying to get medication for her "issues" and my father struggling to take care of everyone with my mom spending all of the money he gets from teaching on random stuff they really don't need or animal food for the many cats and dogs they have, I end up relying on my friends family for clothes and medical help. So I want to live with my friend. Right now I am with their family but my parents expect me on a airplane back in the next few days. What do I do, if you need any other information ask
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: My parents are making bad decisions - April 16th 2016, 12:39 AM

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. I think you'd benefit from looking at information about emancipation. I don't know too much about the process or if it differs depending on where you're living, but maybe your friend's family can help you look into this? If you're emancipated you will be able to live with your friend's family without your parent's permission.

I know you said your parents are not in favor of allowing you to stay with your friend's family and I am not sure how you asked them but it might be worth asking them again. Maybe you can write a list of advantages and disadvantages and compose a persuasive speech to help convince them of what is best for you and your health. You could tell your parents that you'll keep in contact with them as that might have a small chance of easing their worries.

My advice in regards to what you're going through is a little limited so I don't have much else to say but I truly hope you're able to work things out. I will keep you in my thoughts.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
Closed Thread