TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JustSophie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sophie

No friends - May 3rd 2016, 01:51 AM

I honestly have no friends and I'm so lonely. School is stressful, life is stressful, and all I want are some friends but I'm too awkward and boring

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MrCross Offline
The Enlightened
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Andy

Re: No friends - May 3rd 2016, 04:43 AM

Hey Sophie!

I just want to let you know from me that your going to find that one friend, that one friend who has your back and at the same time annoys the living heck out of you because they love ya. I was in that same boat for the longest of times, I felt the loneliness and even now its all too real to me. I only have one true and best friend but thats enough and sooner or later you will too! Just don't give up and be yourself and one day they will just enter your life.

If you don't believe me, the first time me and my bro meant we insulted each other harshly and that started a life long friendship that has grown stronger everyday. That friend is out there for everyone so hang in there! Also just to let you know... boring and awkward while I am sure your just being alittle too hard on yourself... it don't phase me I enjoy all people regardless, so if you ever want to talk, even if its about paint drying, feel free to message me I am down for that ^^

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: No friends - May 3rd 2016, 01:07 PM

Honestly everyone gets bored from time to time and many of us are awkward. Maybe you were told these things in the past and you believe it but there's a chance you're not even as boring and awkward as you may think. We tend to see ourselves a lot more exaggerated for undesirable qualities and too minimized for the desirable qualities which has us thinking we are and never will be wanted as a friend.

Maybe you really do have social awkwardness but I also know that you likely have lots to offer and social awkwardness is not the most horrific thing out there. You're still lovable and there will be people who can see past your insecurities

Something that may help is joining after school activities. You can even just experiment a little if you're unsure what you're interested in. Usually, kids after school are more relaxed, less competitive and more willing to be social. Classrooms are usually where you have to be quiet and listen to teachers or participate in a discussion relating to an academic topic but after school there's more opportunity for socializing...well ideally. I know it doesn't always turn out that way. There's also outside of school events, projects, programs that you can maybe participate in and meanwhile meet new people. Even if you don't make friends the first time, that kind of experience can help you build on something. For example, I joined girl scouts when I was in high school. I evaluated what I liked and disliked and eventually "graduated" and left. But that kind of criticism that I had for girl scouts allowed me to filter down what I look for next time. It also allowed me to look for more of what I do want. Not that it will ever be perfect, but I think going to a place that is not only less stressful but refreshing can help overall and in turn allow you to make friends.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Elision Offline
Formerly Pan221
Regular TeenHelper

Re: No friends - May 3rd 2016, 05:50 PM

From a very awkward person, I can say don't give up! You will find that one person that you just click with! Try to strike up little conversations with lots of people, to try and get to know them better and see who shares tastes with you. Just a chat about the lesson to your neighbour in class, or walking down the corridor can lead to great things!

You will have so many interesting things to say, because you've lived a totally unique and extraordinary life, and there WILL be someone who wants to hear those things. Even a smile to someone can lead to a conversation, and from there a great friendship.

Best of luck!

I am inimitable, I am an original

If you cannot reach me to fly, teach me to sing

Closed Thread