TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cLs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Confused and Guilty - May 18th 2009, 12:34 AM

Frist all of like to say Hey and do the whole introduction thing, since this is my first post/topic on the forums so Hello everyone!
Now onto the problems, I'm a bit confused on what to do. It all starts back in High School and a pretty closr group of friends at the start which we spent every weekend aswell as school day together. Then things just started going down hill, i became basically the butt of all jokes and i wa pretyy much living my life like they wanted me too, it came to the point where i actually almost dumped the girl i loved (girl im with now) just because they didnt like her. It got stupid! but yet i still hung around them, im not saying this happened constantly, a chunk of it they were great! but anyway after i left school had my year off and now im at tafe ive met new people and have been hanging around more and more with them. But yet i still feel guilty and in the wrong for not being with them even though i havn't heard from them in about a month and im the one that wud have to set up the catch up session. I just cant shake the feeling of guilt and i have no idea what to do, do i still want to see them, do i still want them to be my friends i have no idea!! Even when i msg them i scretly hope their not doing anything just so i dont have to do anything with them. Im fed up basically being the bitch, but this guilt feeling is crap. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Confused and Guilty - May 18th 2009, 12:42 AM

Id like to start by saying, welcome to the forums and TH, and I hope that you find the help you're looking for

Now, on to your problem, personally, I would try and forget about it and hang around with other friends, assuming they are overall nicer to you. But if you can't shake the feeling, maybe hang out with them some more, call them up and ask them if they want to meet up and catch up or something.

If you find they still pick on you and don't call you back to see you anytime soon, I'd say definately just try and stick with these new bunch of friends you have, because it would be healthier for you to not be the victim of the jokes all the time. Sometimes is okay, but being the person everyone picks on is hard. Also, I'd like to point out you did the right thing by staying with the girl you love, and should be proud of that!

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do, and remember my PM box is always open if you need anything else!

xDylan

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cLs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Confused and Guilty - May 18th 2009, 01:03 AM

Cheers bro, thanks for the advice!
Yer the thing is that i don't know if i want to hang around with them, like i always feel like i should call them but dont really want to actually do it. It just feels uncomfortable, such a strange feeling.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Confused and Guilty - May 18th 2009, 03:15 AM

Hey there, welcome to TeenHelp! I'm glad you decided to join the site, and I really hope you are finding it helpful so far. If you have any questions at all, feel free to send me a message any time!

Now about you feeling guilty about these 'friends'. First of all, if they are making fun of you or your girlfriend, I really think you should second guess keeping them as friends. Friends are supposed to care about how you feel. It sounds like what they've been doing is more bullying than a friendship.

If calling or messaging makes you uncomfortable and you want to break the friendship, then do it. You don't need to be in a position where you need to rely on them. There are plenty of people out there who would appreciate your friendship, you don't need to keep up a friendship with those who are going to abuse it.

The best of luck to you

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread