TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CubanitaChica Offline
Average Joe

Exclamation Reached the Breaking Point - May 21st 2009, 08:43 PM

Okay, this is going to be long, but please please please please help me!!!!

So, after walking over a mile home, taking my little brother to piano, going grocery shopping, helping unpack my brother who came home from college, and returning the roof carrier we borrowed from my neighbor my mom called me, not in any particular order: a bitch, inconsiderate, spoiled, and my dad called me stupid. My brother continuously calls me fat and tells me to join a gym even though im not heavy and my SAT scores came out to a 1600, including the writing, which isn't great but now my mom is looking down on me for that too. And my college essay is about me being first generation in the US on my dads side of the family and my brother used this topic for his too, but took a different spin on it and my dad said that i ruined the topic and hes tired of me using it. I am fed up, my family doesnt support me, i cant remember the last time they told me they love me, I cry every day because of them and i dont trust people because of them. I wanna run away and I hate to admit my thoughts of suicide. I can't take it anymore, please someone, help me! I know i sound bratty, but i dont know what to do anymore, im not tryingto be woe is me, but i need help.

Last edited by CubanitaChica; May 21st 2009 at 09:20 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: Reached the Breaking Point - May 21st 2009, 09:20 PM

Hi there!

First of all, welcome to the board.s (: Or maybe in your case from what you mentioned in the chat room, welcome back to the boards. Great to have you returning. Secondly, it was very, very nice of you to help out your family today! I'm sorry they didn't return the favor with even a word of thanks - I don't really think that's very mature of them. It almost seems like a bit of verbal abuse to me, and I'm not sure I feel very good about that. Do you have anyone you can talk to about this? If so, please do! Talking can help us out more than we even have the capacity to realize. [:

Good job on your SATs..keep trying! I got a higher score each time I took it, so that's always good. And as for the essay, good thing it's not your dad's to judge, right? It's the college admissions folks' job. And I'm sure they'll love it. You take care, alright?

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Reached the Breaking Point - May 22nd 2009, 03:11 AM

Hey

I'm sorry to hear about your family treating you this way, it's just not right! From the sounds of things you are a very helpful person and should not be treated this way, especailly after doing all those things you mentioned. You are not at all inconsiderate and please do not let anyone make you beleive that.

About your dad, I think you should just write the essay anyway and forget what he says. If you think that will be a good essay for college, then you do it. Always trust your gut, sometimes it's wrong but most of the time, it's right.

Good luck with your family, hang in there it will get better eventually!

-Dylan

Closed Thread