TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
unoticed7 Offline
unoticedteen7
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Vanessa

Angry family - May 21st 2009, 10:13 PM

I believe that i am starting to dislike my parents. I mean, im there for them everyday, i try my best in school to make them happy, and they like it but the minute i give them attitude or answer back they treat me as though i was a complete stranger who was below them. Unfortunately i feel as though my parents favor my brother more. He's 21 and moved out a year ago after a big fight with my parents. He never speaks to my mom unless he needs something or i make him call her. His birthday was last Sunday, he told my parents he was gonna come visit us so they threw him a party. He's treated my parents like crap, was always a bad student-he barely graduated-and was always causing trouble but yet he wants to come and they treat him as if he just won a noble prize and ignore everything he's done to them. On the other hand i am a good student-a B average student- i dont depend on people, i do things on my own, i do my chores, in other words im the opposite of my brother yet when i answer back i get in trouble or if i had a bad day and come home angry they get mad and complain about my attitude but they never ask me why. When i do answer back i get in trouble, at first they would take my phone away but that wouldnt really affect me since i can live without it. Now when i answer back im not aloud to go to my grandmas weekly diners on thursday. And it hurts me. i only see my grandma once a week because her and my mom dont get along and when she prohibits me from going to her house it makes me angry with her and makes me think that she doesnt care about how i feel. I cant stand it. it makes me feel as though no matter what i do they it wont be enough for them. Im trying my best in school to please them when really i should just fail all my classes and not answer back and i bet they will be happy with that. Living in my house is like living in Cuba, you cant speak whats on your mind and when you do you get in trouble. you can work as hard as you can to get somewhere but they still wont care because i have attitude. What they say goes no matter what. I cant express my opinion on any topic because then they say im too young to know or they'll say i cant have my own opinion because im too young. Everything has to be thst way and i hate it just like im starting to hate them. i love them to death but i cant deal with them. I believe the reason my brother moved out was for the same reasons i want to. lucky enough he was old enough to do what he wanted. the minute i can im out of here because i cant live in this hell hole for life. im sorry but i cant.
 Send a message via ICQ to unoticed7  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
newbie552 Offline
choose wisely
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Re: family - May 25th 2009, 02:37 AM

sorry to hear this Vanessa, it's really unfair of them. Have you tried to talk to them about it (when they aint angry)? If you have, try getting someone to close to you to help you do it.

You're amazing just the way you are

Closed Thread