TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FlyingHigh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

How the actions of one person affect so many - January 14th 2009, 02:57 PM

Today i learnt that a person in school was on life support after a car crash. I am not here to talk about the incident or any of the deatils but to say one thing. How many of you think of how your actions afect others? Do you ever stop to think that maybe it could affect hundrerds of people? Changing there lives in just a split second? Have you ever wondered what your world would be like if you were gone? how would they react? what ever you imagined is wrong becasue death is like the ocean its deep and dark and bigger than all of us. and the pain it brings is like a theif in the night. Quiet. Persistant. Unfair. Diminished by time and love. I did not really knwo this person we just spoke a few times at school yet i can see how there absence has affected those around them.

In a sense its amazing to see how far a person reaches, just how many do you know right now?

life is full of what ifs.... But right now all i know for sure is that forever more i will think how the actions of one person affect so many others. The switch is off now and that person is gone but their memory will live on in the hearts of there friends and family but also in the mind of the person who in one split second destroyed not only one life but affected hundreds.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: How the actions of one person affect so many - January 14th 2009, 03:04 PM

well actually lately i've thought a lot about death, in particular how my death would affect those who know and love me, having recently been diagnosed with cancer. i guess i've had a glimpse of how many people would be affected by it, simply by the amount of people who have been affected by my diagnosis. life is so very precious and before now i didn't appreciate life like i should have. i'm very sorry to hear about the person in your school, yet the sad thing is, death happens, and all too often to young people who are far too young to die. i agree with you that it is amazing to see how far a person reaches and how many lives a person can touch.

i really liked your post, it's very thought provoking. :]

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FlyingHigh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How the actions of one person affect so many - January 14th 2009, 03:11 PM

im sorry to hear of your diagnosis and i wish you all the best, im not sure what i was aiming for with the post i jus needed to clear my head of all the thoughts i had

Closed Thread