TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SakuraNeko98 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brianna

Ex-friend problems - August 10th 2017, 06:14 PM

I've known this girl since 6th grade (currently in 9th grade) and recently told her I didn't want to be friends anymore. She was getting on my nerves and has problems with hearing voices and let the voices possess her, which made me feel like she's lying about who she is because she never says when she does this.

She also stopped being friends with my boyfriend just because she thought I was jealous she might take him away when I wasn't. I even told her that, but she's still ignoring him and they were good friends. What should I tell her? I already told her not to assume things without asking me about it first

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Ex-friend problems - August 11th 2017, 03:34 AM

I am unsure what you mean by 'what should I tell her?' do you mean how should you explain you don't want to be friends with her?

I am going to assume that that is what you mean but if you want to clarify you can. In regards to ending a friendship there is no 'good' way to do so. In general, ending a friendship is messing but it's a lot harder to stay friends with someone that you aren't comfortable with. I think the best way is to just explain to her that due to some of the things that have been going on you feel that you two need to take a break from being friends. It's likely she will be upset but you can't stay in a friendship if you are unhappy and the longer that you stay the harder it will be to end the friendship later on down the line.

That being said, do you want to end the friendship or are you just frustrated by some of the things she is doing? If you aren't 100% certain about ending the friendship you might be able to work on the friendship by going to the school psychologist. If your friend would be open to it the school psychologist might be willing to help you two work on communication. I know that a group of girls I knew in Junior high were having a lot of issues and they ended up going to the school psychologist and working through it. If your friend isn't willing to do that or you don't want to do that than the best thing to do would probably be to take a break from the friendship.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SakuraNeko98 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ex-friend problems - August 11th 2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
I am unsure what you mean by 'what should I tell her?' do you mean how should you explain you don't want to be friends with her?

I am going to assume that that is what you mean but if you want to clarify you can. In regards to ending a friendship there is no 'good' way to do so. In general, ending a friendship is messing but it's a lot harder to stay friends with someone that you aren't comfortable with. I think the best way is to just explain to her that due to some of the things that have been going on you feel that you two need to take a break from being friends. It's likely she will be upset but you can't stay in a friendship if you are unhappy and the longer that you stay the harder it will be to end the friendship later on down the line.

That being said, do you want to end the friendship or are you just frustrated by some of the things she is doing? If you aren't 100% certain about ending the friendship you might be able to work on the friendship by going to the school psychologist. If your friend would be open to it the school psychologist might be willing to help you two work on communication. I know that a group of girls I knew in Junior high were having a lot of issues and they ended up going to the school psychologist and working through it. If your friend isn't willing to do that or you don't want to do that than the best thing to do would probably be to take a break from the friendship.

Best regards.
I have already told her I don't want to be friends and we aren't anymore. I'm wondering how to tell her to stop doing what she's doing

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Ex-friend problems - August 12th 2017, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraNeko98 View Post
I have already told her I don't want to be friends and we aren't anymore. I'm wondering how to tell her to stop doing what she's doing

There really isn't anything you can say to get her to stop her behavior. If she doesn't want to continue being friends with your boyfriend there really is no way to get her to change her mind. You could sit her down and try and explain things to her but it seems like you already did that. Basically, she has made the decision to behave the way that she is and is choosing to ignore the things she has been told. In the end, you have to let her be. Maybe in the future she will change but maybe not.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
SakuraNeko98 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ex-friend problems - August 12th 2017, 09:53 PM

Alright, thanks for trying to help me

Closed Thread