TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
itzz.casper Offline
~Unicorns~
Average Joe

Name: Casper

Rant but any advice IS HIGHLY APPERICATED - September 8th 2017, 11:34 PM

Okay so this is a rant of both friends and family. So currently it almost time for Hurricane Irma to strike FLorida which heyy its where I live.

So that's out of the way. Right now my mom and her boyfriend are having their annual fights.

Background: Before my mom and her boyfriend she was with my dad. 3 kids. Including myself. Ava and Donivan. And my dad and my mom fought a lot and their fights always led to me and my siblings are and have been verbally abused.

So when they fight it shakes not only me but my siblings up. To the point where we cry. I feel suicidal and take actions upon my self so Im often depressed/sad/done when it comes to that. Well yay there are fighting and my moms boyfriend said if my mom told him to leave they are never getting back together. This may be the time on where she asks him to leave.

Guess what without him, me and my mom would never got along. I would be in jail for putting my hands on my mom. Yeah me and my mom are like that.
So what Im trying to get here is that I am worried again. Cause if he leaves, not only do I lose the only real father figure I ever have, but I lose my friend. And reason why me and my mom still get along.

So there is that^^

Well I have barley any friends. But I don but I have very few which I am not complaining, less drama, its that when I actually need someone, they are never there which sucks. They are either to busy for me or just not in the mood for me.

So I often feel alone
When my friends do have time for me, I dont want to talk about it,Or I took it out on my own way which is often smoking or some form of self harm
Its not like I want to do that it is the only cope I know how to do.

So yeah that is what is currently going on in my mind.It was a rant but like I said any advice is highly accepted

*have a great day where ever you are *

I'm not looking for sympathy, just understanding- Jacoby Shaddix <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Rant but any advice IS HIGHLY APPERICATED - September 9th 2017, 06:05 AM

Thank you for writing.

Hurricane certainly must produce stress in everyone!

Maybe ask that father figure guy to stay in touch with you if he leaves your mother. He may still like being a father to you, if you can stay in touch with him, either by writing, or calling, or whatever form of communication works for the two of you. He can still be connected to you, but not put up with your mother.

(Though I understand only a special man would do that for someone. He'd have to be responsive, like write back, or be willing to talk on the phone, or connect with you somehow. It would take a bit of effort to maintain the connection, and he'd have to be willing to. You might get lucky though. Sounds like he's been there for you in the past.)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread