TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Don't kill me - September 10th 2017, 06:38 AM

OK, if you're reading this right now, it means you notice it, so that's good.
My mom and my sister (we'll call her Ocean) have been spending a lot of time together. Ocean is 20 and has a part-time job as a model. She wants to be a kindergarten-3rd teacher
Anyway, ever since Ocean was 9 or 10, my mom has been spending sooo much time with her. She bakes cakes, rides horses, and plays all kinds of board games and video games with her.
My sister is prettier than me (better body, smooth hair, better skin, I'm a bit overweight, not very much but I am, OK hair but it could be better, and my skin is fine but not great). She got better grades in school, and she is more athletic.
I just wanna spend more time with my mom.
Thanks,
H

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Marcus

Re: Don't kill me - September 10th 2017, 11:30 AM

How about you suggest spending more time together? Perhaps, even join them. I am sure they will be happy to have you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: Don't kill me - September 10th 2017, 04:49 PM

If you want to spend more time with your mom, just ask her! Whether it seems like it or not, your mom wants to spend time with you too. The majority of parents would be thrilled if their kids wanted to spend more time with them.

Like Marcus said, you can always ask to join your mom and sister. However, if you don't enjoy the things they do, just suggest something you can either just do with your mom or with both of them.

You mentioned a lot about your sisters appearance. I don't know if you're insinuating that because she looks better your mom likes her more or what. But you mentioned it, so I'm assuming it bothers you to some degree.
I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm assuming you're younger than your sister? Correct me if I'm wrong. If you are younger, you probably still have some years of growing and gaining experience in working with your appearance. We are dealt certain cards in life, but we don't have to just settle for what we have... we can work with the body and the appearance we were given at birth and try to improve it. It might do some good to ask your sister to help you with things like working out, better skin, and how to manage your hair better. That could help with some sister bonding time, which would make it easier for you to join in our their activities too.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Meraki Offline
Not a n00b
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lilah

Re: Don't kill me - September 11th 2017, 04:41 AM

I think when they are doing something together, ask if you could join. If they want some alone time, try doing something with your mom when you're only with her.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Don't kill me - September 11th 2017, 09:19 PM

I agree with everyone else about just asking to join in or just suggesting different activities that would interest both you and them. Also the way you were comparing yourself with your sister I unhealthy for both you and your relationship with your sister. Your beautiful in your own way, just as she is. Just because you don't have certain characteristics that she does, it doesn't make you any less worth it. So I think just try to focus on your own skills and attributes rather than pick on your flaws because its counterproductive.

Keep calm and carry on.

Closed Thread