TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Arrow Important: Can you sense your parents calling out to you when in danger? - May 25th 2009, 06:01 PM

I can't explain it. But, part of me feels like my parents need me. Kind of like the connection that AUGUST RUSH and ever STAR WARS mentions to a degree. But, is this real? Does a parent have a psychological link to their child?

I feel like my Mom is calling out to me, that she needs me. I don't know why. I've never known my birth parents, so I don't know if there's something to this or not.

Have any of you, who have had the fortune of living with their birth parents feel any kind of connection like this? Does this connection exist? A sixth sense connection between parent and child? Or is it just in my head - I want to know if there's a chance that's why these feelings are overwhelming now more than ever before... if there could be something more to it...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
wanderlust Offline
zz
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Important: Can you sense your parents calling out to you when in danger? - May 25th 2009, 06:33 PM

eh no...but i feel their disappointment a little when i do something wrong. I think thats guilt though.

A single thread in a tapestry
Through its color brightly shine
Can never see its purpose
In the pattern of the grand design

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: Important: Can you sense your parents calling out to you when in danger? - May 25th 2009, 06:49 PM

I feel this with cirtain people, not my parents.
Why don't you contact them?

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: Important: Can you sense your parents calling out to you when in danger? - May 25th 2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting on the speaker View Post
I feel this with cirtain people, not my parents.
Why don't you contact them?
My adoptive parents are holding me back for a year, because they don't believe I'm ready yet and I need financial support in order to search - it's international. The thing is though is I don't want to wait, I feel like something might happen if I hold this off. It's like a really strong feeling that I can't describe.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Silverxy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tori

Re: Important: Can you sense your parents calling out to you when in danger? - May 29th 2009, 01:44 AM

I have the same connection with my parents. I'm not really sure what it is or what you can do about it, I'm really sorry about that, but if you think it's really important, I think you should talk to your adoptive parents about it and try to come to some agreement.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
flawed_legacy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jason

Re: Important: Can you sense your parents calling out to you when in danger? - May 29th 2009, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I can't explain it. But, part of me feels like my parents need me. Kind of like the connection that AUGUST RUSH and ever STAR WARS mentions to a degree. But, is this real? Does a parent have a psychological link to their child?

I feel like my Mom is calling out to me, that she needs me. I don't know why. I've never known my birth parents, so I don't know if there's something to this or not.

Have any of you, who have had the fortune of living with their birth parents feel any kind of connection like this? Does this connection exist? A sixth sense connection between parent and child? Or is it just in my head - I want to know if there's a chance that's why these feelings are overwhelming now more than ever before... if there could be something more to it...
I think it's possible. Ther human brain is incredilbly complex and we certainly don't know everything about it. A mother can tell when her child is crying or needs to be breast-fed even when the mother and child are separated! We still can't explain that. In my opinion, you simply haven't lost that connection.

If your mother needs you, go find her and help her!

Closed Thread