TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Corinn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mona

Unhappy My family my mom and my younger sister - October 18th 2017, 05:12 AM

My sister Gemma is 8, and is a perfect girl. She's cute, with her cheeks that get chubby when she smiles, light brown hair, and deep chocolate eyes. She's popular, at least for her age, she has more close friends than I have, and everyone loves her. She's smart, she gets good grades. She's won like a million awards. For EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE.
I'm... not. My face is covered with acne, and my hair is stubby and gross. I'm fat, and have no fashion sense. I constantly repel people, even her little ponytailed friends. I get passing but below average grades. The only award I've won was a running ribbon in third grade (I got third out of fourth place.
I'm not sure, but I think my mom likes her more.
Item 1: For her birthday, she got $200, books, Hanna Anderson clothes, an iPad, a Hatchimal, and stuff for her American girl doll.
I got a $2 plastic chess set, and about $6 in cash.
Item 2: She always gets to watch what she wants on TV. I'm ALWAYS watching a Barbie movie while eating Frosted Flakes or Lucky Charms (her choice, NOT mine).
Item 3: My mom takes away all my priveliges and I have to sleep on the floor whenever I get in trouble, which is often, because I'm always blamed for everything! The worst that's ever happened to her is, when she stole like all of my money, my mom said "You can keep the money, but don't do that next time sweetie". NO KIDDING!
Item 4: When we moved to a new, very luxsjurious house, my sister got the biggest room, while I got an unneeded closet. I also got an old bed frame they found in the attic, and a thing that I think was an old couch pillow, for my bed. My sister got ANOTHER bed, even though she already had a perfectly good one, that was really expensive.
Item 4: My sister buys things online, and makes in-app purchases, I always have to pay for them. Once she bought this thing that was like $50, I spent DAYS making money to pay for that.
Item 5: My sister used to have to do a few chores, but she complained, so now guess who gets to do them? ME!!!! And after school, and any free time I get, my mom makes me clean the toilets, mow the lawn, give my 5 year old brother a bath, and take out the trash.
Item 6: Everyone praises her. Like, every time we do a family photo, everyone wants to hug her. I never get prased. Ever.
Update: I also have an older sister.

Last edited by Corinn; October 19th 2017 at 04:14 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: My family my mom and my younger sister - October 18th 2017, 09:21 PM

Hello and welcome to teenhelp we are so glad that you have joined and you said what is going on with you.
I am so sorry that you are having a really hard time with this right now. It's hard to have a younger sibling that gets away with everything and you're parent just looks over you.
Have you tried talking with you're mom about this and tell her how it is bothering you? You can also write a letter about how you are going through this and what you have told us and ask her if she can help you or find a way that is helpful for you with this. Sometimes parents don't always see what is really going on. And they need to see it or have it pointed out to them. It's because the parents have a lot going on and they don't know that the younger sibling is doing or they have blinders on and don't want to see it. So then you help them see what they are doing wrong and then you're parents will be able to see the truth about you're young sister.

I hope that it gets better for you. When you are upset try going for a walk with music or if you like to read or draw and take yourself away from you're sister to help you be ok and calm down. I wish you the best and you are welcome to post more when you need to. Lots of Hugs.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Corinn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My family my mom and my younger sister - October 19th 2017, 12:22 AM

Thank you Emma. Can I also add I have an older sister who is 17.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: My family my mom and my younger sister - October 19th 2017, 02:07 AM

Hi, of course you can. Do you get along with you're sister who is 17? Does she live with you? If you get along with her maybe she can help you out with you're mom and you can talk to her about you're younger sister and what happens. Do you think that you can try talking to you're older sister and let her know what has been going on? And you can also write a letter to her as well if you can't say it. I hope that this works out for you. Hugs.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Corinn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My family my mom and my younger sister - October 19th 2017, 04:13 AM

Thank you, I will try that.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Corinn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My family my mom and my younger sister - October 19th 2017, 04:19 AM

I'm going to write a letter to my older sister, I really hope this works...

Closed Thread