TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

what happens when the two people, - May 26th 2009, 12:47 AM

who kept you together; hate you.
my best friend.
my dad.
both hate me.
isn't that great.
i'll start with my dad.

obv. i don't live with him.
and my mom is out of town so i was having a really hard time with my depression, so i texted him and he was like well i'm busy doing something, like he couldn't hae any time for me. so, i was okay, and i texted later and he was like no, you're in charge of your own feelings, don't text me. so i freaked out and we finally just went whatever. but then i finally felt like i go kind of through to him and i accidently sent a text that was meant to be for my best friend to him and he was all like well, "i'm blocking your number..." and I didn't mean to send it to him and I sent like a gazillion text messages saying I was sorry and that I love him and it wasn't meant for him but I got respinse. soooo i guess he did ): so i emailed him and basically went off because i feel that's BS.

advice?

My Best Friend:

Basically, he's been really "distand" and I've tried to talk too him and find out what's going on but this has been happening for months and months and I'm done. I needed somebody to talk to earlier and he was basically like "well, i don't know, i'll cvall you later" and he never does, so I don't know what to do... and now i was texting him and i sent it to my dad and now jfkldasj. all because me and him are argueing and he can't seem to wake up and see that he is losing his best friend.....

i just, i don't know what to do.
these are the only people who get me and now they both hate me):

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
flawed_legacy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jason

Re: what happens when the two people, - May 27th 2009, 10:26 PM

You should work on your friendship first... I know that seems backward, but you're loosing a friendship here... Your dad is always gonna be your dad, no matter what!

I think you should simply sit down and talk to your friend about how his actions are affecting you... You need to express to him that you really want to continue to be friends. Don't give up on this friendship. If it was founded on crap (mine was) then maybe it needs to go through total hell in order for it to be great. A perfect analogy for that is white gold... Basically it is put under an intenstly hot flame until all the impurities are gone. You're left with beautiful white gold. This also applies to you dad...

There really isn't anything you can do other than talk to these people. PROPER communication is key to any relationship...

I hope I've helped...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: what happens when the two people, - May 28th 2009, 11:45 PM

Hi Cassie,

I think what this comes down to with your dad is a communication problem. A problem I've always had with text messages is that it's really difficult to get emotions out and say exactly what I mean. Your dad may have been swamped with work and not able to devote 100% of his attention to you. He might have felt that he would be able to talk to you better later, but his worked dragged on. I don't think he should have put off talking to you, but things like this happen all the time.

I really think that you should phone your dad or see him in person. Tell him what happened with the text message and how it was supposed to be for your friend, and that you just needed to talk to someone earlier because you were feeling really down. Let him know that he's someone you feel able to talk to and he cheers you up when you're feeling sad. I'm sure he was just stressed out and that you'll be able to sort this out between you.

I think you need to have a long talk with your friend too. He probably doesn't know that he's losing his best friend and how he's making you feel by his distance. He may not even realize that he's being distant. Just ask him how he's feeling lately and if there's anything wrong because you feel like he hasn't been talking lately. Let him know that you care about him and that his friendship means a lot to you.

Stay strong. PM me any time you need to talk.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread