TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Creator_Taylor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chloe

Unhappy Why do i feel so useless? - November 28th 2017, 02:45 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Well.....i just went from happy to feeling hollow inside

I just got back from Thanksgiving Break and i was ready to go back to school. But now, after school, my parents just seem to think i don't wanna try and that i don't care. Almost like i'm not who they wanted me to be or i'm just useless. It hurts me when i'm trying to talk with my mom and then we start to argue and then she asks my dad for help on HER side. And then dad starts cussing the fuck out of me until tears start to flow. Like i was just wondering WHY i need a teacher's textbook for math....even though i have the student one....and after i do the homework it feels like i'm just copying the answers and rewriting them. I want to go to college. Be independent, organized, and successful.....but it seems like my parents only think of my negatives than positives. I look over the homework quickly because i'm fast at everything....and its not good enough for mom...thinks i didn't look at it or try. Then there's more screaming, arguing, yelling, cursing, insults, and fresh tears.

I feel useless to them.

That's not the worst part.
I LOVE making jokes and being funny, outgoing, and brighten peoples days. But for my family (including my sister) if i try and make a funny scenario or joke they will say (for a fact) that Chloe Stop being ANNOYING! UR NOT FUNNY! or IHAVE NO IDEA WHAT U JUST SAID?! or UR MAKING ME STRESSED OR ANXIOUS!!! or even CHLOE! STOP TALKING!!!
like WTF!!!!!
I just want some family time with you!
And why the fucking hell is my lil sister who hasn't even begun puberty becoming a total bitch, rude and argue making person??!!! SHES LIKE 12!!!

Like that hurts when u ask ur sister to get something for u nicely and she goes off on you. "Im not ur slave! U always ask me to do stuff! do it yourself!"

Bitch. I said PLEASE!

(if i was her mom i would fucking slap her face SO HARD!!!)

But i just feel worthless and useless and annoying!
one minute there fucking yelling at me and then the next minute they are having a fun-loving conversation without me.

I-i'm so.....upset. Why is it that even though i have Tourettes and my sister doesn't.....i supposedly dont try and i'm not an A+ student (A or A- mostly) and my sister is the smart, pretty, go-loving, sporty, A+ girl?????

i don't get it.....

Why do i always get yelled at and my sister doesn't.

like im driving a car and the only good comments i get is in DRIVING! FUCKING DRIVING!!!!
I just don't get it......why am i so useless?

do my friends ALSO think that???? or is it my family????

don't get me wrong, i LOVE my family(and friends)....but it seems like im just a burden to them.

So....can anyone help me?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Why do i feel so useless? - November 29th 2017, 01:04 PM

Have you talked to your family about how you feel? Perhaps you can sit down with your parents and use I statements to discuss how you feel when they yell at you. For instance, you might say “I feel upset when you yell at me.” Or “I feel stressed when you want me to be perfect.” This way, you can explain how you’re feeling without being accusatory. Your parents may be more receptive.

It’s hard to say why your little sister is acting the way she is, though it may be because she is taking a little bit after your parents as they are her example. Something to think about is that everyone has a sense of humor and what is funny to you and your friends may not be funny for your family. If you think this is the case, you could save certain jokes and whatnot for people who will appreciate them more, like your friends.

We can’t say how your friends feel because we aren’t in their minds and we don’t know them in the way you do but it is probably unlikely that they feel the same way. Maybe you’re struggling with your family and it is making your mind overactive; thus making you wonder how your friends feel?

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why do i feel so useless? - November 30th 2017, 12:36 AM

At one point and time I used to feel like this. So when I read your thing, it felt as if I were have written it before. First of all, I believe that you should try to talk and tell them how you feel. If that doesn't work then you should find someone that will make you feel wanted and happy. Believe me when I say you are not useless at all, everyone has a purpose in life, you just have to wait and see what it is. AS for the sister part, siblings are like that now a days. They are influenced by peers and media on how to act. Truly, I know they care about you , but some people just have a hard time of showing it. Hope this helps, OH and if you need someone to maybe cheer you up or to just rant to private message me!

Closed Thread