TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
fuzzy wuzzy <3's you
Average Joe

Name: Lillian (Lilli)

I want for Christmas is a Mother. - December 13th 2017, 12:47 AM

All I really want for Christmas is a mama that loves me, and wants the best for me. A mama that encourages me, and gives me really good advice because she genuinely wants to see me succeed. A mama that tells me how proud me she is, and even tells others how proud of me she is when i'm not around. I want a mama that tells ME what a good mama I am. A mama that keeps her promises. A mama that knows my worth, and knows what a blessing it is to have me as a daughter. I want a mama that I can trust in multiple ways. I want a mama that sets a good example of what I should be. So, that others know I can be a good mama, and a good wife, and just genuinely a good woman in general. I'm almost 23, and still need a mama. My heart broke when my dad died. But, at least he only died once. I feel like every time my mom betrays me, and betrays my trust, or every time she has taken off on me. I lose a mom every time. I feel like my heart just keeps breaking over & over just like it always has. Every time she would come back I knew she would always leave us again. It's like grieving non-stop over a death of a parent that was never even really a parent to begin with. All I really want for Christmas is a mom.

~~you doubted me then, but look at me now~~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: I want for Christmas is a Mother. - December 13th 2017, 01:01 PM

Thank you for sharing this. Hopefully writing it out helped improve your feelings a little bit.

It is good that you know what you want from your mother but it is unfortunate that you can’t have that with your biological mother. It seems like being betrayed again and again is understandably very painful for you. Is there anyone else you can look up to in your life as a mother figure? Sometimes people who don’t get what they need in a parent or don’t have a parent look up to someone as a parental figure and that can be a healthy thing to do.

Something to think about is that, though having a mother would be nice, you don’t need one to be who you want to be. You can be the mother that you’d want for you to your own children and the fact that you can and are giving that to them is such a beautiful thing. You may not be able to have that relationship you want with your mother but you can have a similar relationship with your children and other important people throughout your life.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread