TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

imagine - December 15th 2017, 10:58 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[SIZE="a"]imagine the same people who have treated you horribly are now pursuing degrees in mental health, education, early childhood education and special education, and all sorts of helping professions. While you are busy recovering from mental illness and you are not healthy enough to go back to work yet.

I hate how jealous I am. But I feel so jealous and angry that I have been crying and getting anxiety attacks

Imagine one of those people is your sister and you live with her and she continues to bully you while talking about how "passionate" she is about working with kids.
Imagine she is the same person whI were one of the people to put you down when you were working in early childhood settings. When she takes things you've said about being passionate, your philosophy, your values and puts them down while simoltaneously using those same ideas to her advantage in an interview. When she puts you down for not having confidence but you helped her build hers and she says in the interview that she wants to create a safe space for kids to express themselves.[/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: imagine - December 16th 2017, 03:46 PM

That sounds like an awful thing to experience. It's ironic that the people who have mistreated you are now pursuing degrees in similar settings. Know that this can't ever take away the things they have said and done to you. This can't erase it and you have every right to be jealous and upset. It must be unfair to see them pursuing these degrees while you're recovering from something they put you through.

Know that in time you will be able to achieve what you want to as well. You'll just take a different path as we all take our own path in getting where we're supposed to be. You can do this. We believe in you.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mynesseduplife Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Angry Re: imagine - December 16th 2017, 03:53 PM

I am so sorry to know that you've had a mental illness....and I can't even image or try to understand how you feel about that entire situation or towards those people...now they are perfect examples of hypocrites, dream destroyers and just flat out fake, what the fuck is wrong with some people!
They took the very existence of a precious human being, a life and treated it like complete shit?!
You have every right to feel exactly how you're feeling right now!
I completely support you.
And I wish you speedy recovery

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: imagine - December 17th 2017, 08:53 PM

Hey there,

I am so sorry you are dealing with all of this. I can relate to this to an extent. Not exactly this but I do know that the people who abused me did/do a lot of volunteer work with our community and for the longest time this bothered me because so many people saw them as these kind, compassionate and empathetic people and ... they really were not.

The thing is, there are plenty of people that go into helping professions and they should not. Some do it for the money and others do it for plenty of other reasons. I know my boyfriend's sister became a teacher because it was what everyone else around her was doing and she isn't a good teacher because she lacks true compassion. I also know a few friend's who work in the medical community (nurses, medical assistants) and they have said there are so many people in that profession that shouldn't be.

I guess, the thing to remember is that just because the people that have hurt you are going to go into this profession doesn't mean they should. Also, I think that when you are able to get to a better place with your mental health you would hold an advantage over them because you truly are passionate about these things and I am sure you are also compassionate and empathetic.

Best regards and please know you can get through this.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread