TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DisneyGirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I just donít fit in with them - December 19th 2017, 02:22 PM

Hey guys. Iím in my senior year and I have a few close friends. Itís me and 2 other girls who are in a group and do everything together. The only thing is is that I just donít fit in with them. They are much prettier than I am, guys are constantly chasing them. The whole time Iím with them all they talk about is what guys are hitting them up for this and that, who they slept with, itís just constant. Whenever I hangout with one of them indivualy I feel like the entire time they are just snapping pics or talking on the phone to one guy. And then thereís me, Iím definitely not the prettier of the two. Iíve never even had a boyfriend and Iím going to be 18. And honestly not having a boyfriend is something that really has bothered me lately. We posted a picture on Snapchat today and some guy messaged one of them asking for the others snap and stuff. Nothing about me. There used to be another girl close in our group and she stopped hanging out with them for the same reason. I dont know... I really do like them as friends but I canít help and feel a little worse about myself each time we hang out. Can anyone else relate to this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I just donít fit in with them - December 20th 2017, 02:07 PM

I can relate to an extent. Not so much in regards to friends but family. I have a number of family members hat are considered to be quite attractive and it's always been hard being out with them because it has led to me feeling badly about myself. As I have gotten older, I have noticed these thoughts have decreased a bit.

That being said, aside from this particular issue, do you enjoy the friendship and do you feel like they are genuine about being friends with you? If you don't feel like these girls are truly your friends than there wouldn't be anything wrong with leaving behind the friendship. However, if you feel like they truly care about you and the friendship than you might consider talking to them about your feelings and going from there. They can't change their looks but they might be able to support you through these feelings.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Re: I just donít fit in with them - December 21st 2017, 05:42 PM

if you feel bad because of your friends being good with something you find harder, any good friend will understand when you tell them. I wouldn't have minded and it would be fine now, too if I had friends who were like that, long as they didn't try to rub it in or tease me.

Closed Thread