TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

My patients is running low - March 9th 2018, 11:25 PM

Hey,
So my mom and sister are staying at my house because nanny and poppy are on a cruise. But my mom and sister fucking drive me nuts.

Lets start with my mom. She drinks all of my sodas, she washes dishes but then I have to rewash them because they are still dirty and gross. I get that she works at 5am and has to wake up at 3am but she goes to bed around 5pm it pisses me off because I am the only one up until I go to bed. My mom leaves the kitchen messy and it is never like that.

My sister is another story. I have said this a lot but she is 28 and special ed so she has a brain of a 12-13 year old, although she acts like she is five a lot of time. She has really bad tantrums we tell her to take axiety pills but half of the time she fights us on it. She doesn't like taking showers and doesn't change her pants a lot. She stinks all the time and when i tell her to take a shower she wont. Today I was home with her for awhile by myself and I asked her to throw some of her trash away that the dogs took outside, to put the cans out side and get the mail. She threw a fit.

I am getting so fed up with this. Some days I threaten my sister that if she doesn't know her shit off that I'm going to punch her in the face. I never would do that i just threaten it a lot. I call her names all the time when I lose my patients. Like stupid fuck, Stupid fat ass bitch, and things like that.

I know I need to change the way I act. But I have really bad impulse control.

I have no clue what to do. Does you have any ideas on how to handle this?

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: My patients is running low - March 10th 2018, 02:23 PM

It seems like your mom and sister are causing you some stress but it is great that you want to find healthier ways to deal with it!

Do you think you could talk to your mom about the dishes situation and let her know that while you appreciate her cleaning them, they need to be a bit cleaner? Perhaps you can then move some of your sodas elsewhere, like in your bedroom, so you can have some and she can have some as well.

It can be really hard to have a sibling with special needs, especially when they fight you on things and throw frequent tantrums. Maybe, instead of threatening her out loud you can threaten her in your head? That way you still have that release without saying it out loud. That may help a little bit.

When things get difficult, you can also consider stepping away for a little bit. For instance, you can go into your room for a few minutes or take a short walk outside to clear your mind.

Best of luck!

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread