TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dust and Ash

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Aiyannah

I'm reaching my limits with my dad - April 30th 2018, 02:59 AM

I swear to god, I'm literally fixing to shout some unkind words at my dad. On Wednesday morning we left to go to Missouri for my aunt's funeral. We stayed in a hotel with my uncles, aunts, cousins, and a lot of family. It was honestly very fun. My cousin and I played hide n seek, we played board games, and we all ate at Chilis for dinner. But Thursday night I overheard my dad telling his twin brother the reason why he wanted to leave the next day right after the funeral. He wanted to have sex with his girlfriend. He literally was going to leave family we haven't seen in over 6 YEARS to go stay the night at his girlfriend's house. He then tried bribing my brothers and I with gifts and snacks to make me less angry. Heck, he gave me 30 dollars to forgive him! I'm furious with him because he knew how much the family was having fun and how we were all getting to know one another, and he wanted to get it on with a girl that he later on had a fight with. I mean, come on! Can he be any less mature?! I know that my dad is violent and such, and i know me yelling at him could possibly get me hit, but I'm losing my patience. I have taken care of my brothers when he walked out for several hours, I have been a maid and cleaned the entire house when he wanted to goof off and play games, and I learned how to cook dinner with nothing but bread, eggs, and milk. He is so childish! I can't handle him anymore. I'm losing any hope of my relationship with him improving, and this latest incident has proven to me that he cares only about his adult pleasures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry about that. I just needed to rant about this. Feel free to leave a message or something.

When the world drags you down, roll over and smell the roses.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Hello, autumn.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: I'm reaching my limits with my dad - May 4th 2018, 01:29 PM

Hey,

Apologies for the late reply! I was away for a few weeks.

Did venting here about how things were going help you out? I hope it did. It must be difficult to be going through this with your dad right now but know that your feelings are completely valid and it is understandable to feel the way that you do given what you've been going through.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower.
Autumn nurtures my soul.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dust and Ash

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Aiyannah

Re: I'm reaching my limits with my dad - May 4th 2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynefin View Post
Hey,

Apologies for the late reply! I was away for a few weeks.

Did venting here about how things were going help you out? I hope it did. It must be difficult to be going through this with your dad right now but know that your feelings are completely valid and it is understandable to feel the way that you do given what you've been going through.
It's okay! And yes, it did help somewhat.

When the world drags you down, roll over and smell the roses.

Closed Thread