TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Silverxy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tori

Annoyed with friend for no reason - May 28th 2009, 02:16 AM

Hey, I'm new, not really sure how this works, but I'm gonna give it a shot

Okay, so one of my very good friends is in two classes with me and I see her outside of school in clubs and stuff too. I'm constantly annoyed by her presence for no reason I can fathom. We've been friends for three years and this hasn't happened before, but it's been going on for about two months. I don't want to be annoyed by my friend, I want to be FRIENDS with my friend! I don't know how to handle this, and I definitely don't want to hurt her feelings. Any ideas?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: Annoyed with friend for no reason - May 28th 2009, 11:15 PM

Hey Tori! Well, welcome to the boards. [: I'm Katrina. Check out these two links: Obtaining Advice or Support and How to Use the Forums. Hopefully, those two threads should clear some things up. If you still have questions, though, just let me know and I'll be happy to try and help.

Anyway, yeah, I think I know where you're coming from. At the end of my sophomore year, I'd just been spending a lot of time with two of my best friends. We sat together at lunch, we had dance practice together, we had many classes with each other, AND we saw each other out of school. It almost got to the point where I was burned out, which definitely wasn't good. The only thing that pacified my situation was summer, and not having to see them every day. Don't get me wrong, I love BOTH of them, and it was entirely my fault for allowing myself to get burned out so easily, but sometimes you just have to take some "you-time" and that's exactly what I suggest that you do!

Good luck.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Annoyed with friend for no reason - May 28th 2009, 11:54 PM

Hi Tori,

Welcome to the forums! I hope you are enjoying it here so far and are finding some advice

I think it's great that you care so much about this friend and are worried that you are feeling negatively about her being around. I must say that this is fairly normal. Sometimes when people spend a large amount of their time with one another, they start finding one another annoying. This isn't because of anything they did, but just because you may need some space and a little change.

If you find that you have some time, I would suggest finding another activity or club you could join in addition to the ones you have. You can't just drop your classes because of this friend, but you can join other activities. That would help change up your schedule as well as give you some new experiences and a chance to meet new people.

I hope to see you around!
Stay strong.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Silverxy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tori

Re: Annoyed with friend for no reason - May 29th 2009, 01:35 AM

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll give it a shot

Closed Thread