TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lindiana Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Weird behavior of teen - July 20th 2018, 05:51 AM

My sister's child is 15 years old. He is a very intelligent guy. But at times his character is weird. He is crazy about access control systems. Whenever he sees any access control systems he tried to play with it by pressing on its buttons or the punch.

My sister owns a software company. Earlier she used to take her son to the office whenever he has no school. But last day when she took him to the office, as usual, he played with the access control system and damaged it. It was a recently installed commercial access control system. Since it got damaged she had to spend a lot on it to get it repaired. What might be the reason for the child's weird behavior? How can this behavior be changed?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Weird behavior of teen - July 21st 2018, 07:21 PM

Hello,

I am sorry about you're sisters child and what happened. Sometimes when parents take the children to work with them they may not always want to go because they don't have anything to do or they just don't want to be at work with the parents. Can you're sister have her son bring a bag of things to keep him busy and then he won't be able to destroy anything to the office. For example if he likes to read, bring different books or Kindle. Or drawing paper with colored pencils and he can draw and color different things. Or have him bring his phone or computer or tablet whichever one he has. And have him use all of them to keep him busy. The different books, the drawing stuff, coloring and also all of the electronics to keep him busy. Also she can have him bring snacks too, to help him out. I wish them the best.

HelpLINK Mentor and Forum Moderator. PM/VM

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
itís about learning to Dance in the Rain!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Weird behavior of teen - July 22nd 2018, 10:25 PM

There may be many reasons for your nephews behaviour. As it's been said, it may be out of boredom, but since you mention that he is intelligent and likes to play around with control systems, I'm wondering if he is just curious about how they work? Maybe you could ask him?

As it's been said, if your nephew is bored then it's worth finding other outlets if he has to go to the workplace. Otherwise, is it possible for someone to teach him about control systems, supervise him or give him some sort of responsibility/awareness of how expensive these systems are so that he doesn't damage any more? If he is interested in technology, he may want to enroll onto courses or have a cheap system that he can mess around with that can't do any harm to an actual business.

HelpLINK Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lindiana Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Weird behavior of teen - July 23rd 2018, 06:05 AM

Let me try out something like what you people said. Thanks for your suggestions. I hope there will be a change in his character

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeirdrePower Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Weird behavior of teen - August 14th 2018, 10:38 AM

The life of a teenager is complicated. It is difficult for a teenager to understand the world as an adult. Because they think like a little baby. Therefore, adolescent does strange things.

Closed Thread