TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Think my friends might be annoyed at me for getting kicked out of the club - August 26th 2018, 06:41 PM

A while ago I went out clubbing with some friends and we would always go the little cheap club which is really rubbish but you can have a great time because it's so cheap.

I had a little bit to much to drink and the bouncers know me and they threw me out because I was sick over the manager that's not really the issue then main issue was is that I was quite rude to them once they threw me out and had an argument with them which resulted in them banning me.

My friends have asked the bouncers and said is there anyway I can go back in and they always say no. I don't really know what to do we went out on a night out last night and we went to the club which is over the road. My friends were like I wish we could go back to the old club I felt so bad! The thing is because i don't go to the little club anymore it means my friends don't really go because I can't so the club loses money anyway. I don't understand how it benefits them throwing me out it's stupid.

I really want to get back in to the cub I have been banned a couple of months now and it is starting to bother me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Think my friends might be annoyed at me for getting kicked out of the club - August 26th 2018, 10:55 PM

The club does benefit; there is no sense in blaming them and then acting like they're only hurting themselves. The reality is that the amount of money you and your friends there probably isn't significant enough that it'll impact them financially all that much.

However, having someone who is getting so drunk that they're puking all over and stuff is a much larger risk to them. It's a sign you drank too much and it puts them at risk (e.g. if you got alcohol poisoning, they could be legally liable for serving you too much alcohol) so they had to make you leave.

They also can't have customers who are being hostile. You might not have seen it as a bad thing, but it isn't uncommon for people to get into fight when they're drunk, and, again, there is this whole legal liability thing and wanting to maintain a safe space etc.

From what you described, you were behaving in a way that would make them think you might cause situations that they don't want. It sucks they banned you forever, but it's the kind of environment where they likely won't want to take unnecessary risk with people who've already shown they're ok with being aggressive and getting excessively drunk.

If you feel like you need to fix the problem, I think it is important to shift the blame. That is shift the blame from them to instead take responsibility for your actions and why they had to make that choice and that it is NOT unfair, though you might feel differently. If you do so, you can think of ways that you will prevent such actions in the future. Would you drink less? Would you know to leave? Can you trust that you'll not risk starting a fight with bounces if you were ever told to leave due to drunkeness? etc. If you can manage that, you might be able to go to the club and ask them to reconsider and demonstrate that you're taking responsibility and won't act that way in the future.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Think my friends might be annoyed at me for getting kicked out of the club - August 27th 2018, 11:10 PM

Hey,

The club will unfortunately operate regardless of who they ban. They will only ban people who are having a negative impact on the rest of the club, and that night the bouncers and manager may have thought you were. I know it can be really easy to drink too much without even realising especially when the drinks are cheap, but in the future, try to pace yourself a bit more. Drink water in between drinks and try not to mi drinks too.

In terms of trying to get the ban lifted, perhaps you could find a way to speak with the manager in order to apologise for the behaviour you had on that night. I think what has been said above is important: don't shift the blame. Chances are they will take you more seriously if you understand and accept that you drank a bit too much and therefore acted as you wouldn't normally. If you take responsibility for it they might see that in the future it might not happen again.

I hope all goes ok with this.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount28

Edit avatar

Re: Think my friends might be annoyed at me for getting kicked out of the club - August 28th 2018, 12:39 AM

I have to agree with Latte. You behaved irresponsibly: getting so drunk to the point that you began vomiting on people, getting into violent fights at the club. These are the things the club (any club) try to avoid so they won't be sued by the family and friends of those injured or brought to the hospital as a result of alcohol poisoning and/or violent fights. I know it sounds insane, but these clubs want to make their business look good and they expect their patrons to behave like grown adults. Drink responsibly and behave maturely. These bouncers are not your babysitters, they are there to moderate the crowd in case things get out of hand. They have hundreds of people to keep an eye out of civil disturbance. If they only focused on you, or sat around and baby sat you, keeping an eye on you until you proved you could be in that club, then a brawl could take place elsewhere.

You want to get into the club again? I doubt you ever would, but I suggest reaching out to the owner with the idea of volunteering. You can DJ one night a week, or you can manage the clean-up after closing hours. If they see you are actually putting in the effort to be a good citizen that they can trust to be mature, then they might consider letting you return.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Think my friends might be annoyed at me for getting kicked out of the club - August 29th 2018, 10:26 PM

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for responding to this.

I did not over drink I struggle with an eating disorder and it's easy for my body not to be able to handle beer. I originally went to the bath room to throw up and they thought I was a drunk idiot and threw me out because I was sick the people in the toilet went and told the bouncers and then they threw me out.

Bouncers like to act bigger then they are because they feel they are better then you which annoys me and I don't know what to do. The reason I was rude to them was because 1 I was quite drunk and 2 the way they handled the situation was incorrect in my opinion just throwing me out! I was peacefully throwing up in the toilet it's not like I was off my head or anything the whole club have made it out to be worse then what it is! To make it worse they opened up a new club next door we tried to get in to that but they sued the same bouncers there as well and they would not let me to the new club which I felt was quite rude I feel like I am partly the victim here.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Think my friends might be annoyed at me for getting kicked out of the club - August 30th 2018, 03:41 AM

Hey there,

I think what you have to realize is the bouncer's have the right to do what they did. They might not be acting fairly but all they really have to do is prove that you aren't someone that should be in the club. I know people who have been banned from bars and clubs and there were a lot of reasons why. One of the biggest reasons is when they are rude or pick fights with the bouncers. I can't say if you are a victim as I was not there when the incident occurred; what I can say is that the bouncers aren't going to change the ban they placed on you. I know you feel badly because your friend's aren't able to go to the club but you shouldn't. The other thing I want to ask is, do you want to go back to a club where the bouncers and owners are not being nice to you? Like I said, I cannot say if the bouncers are over reacting or victimizing you but you seem to feel that they are and if that is the case it's probably best to stay away from any clubs they are at. It's not easy to be banned from the clubs but hopefully you and your friend's can find other places to frequent.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread