TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Imaginary Offline
Average Joe

I've had a fight with my imaginary friend. - January 14th 2009, 10:06 PM

I don't think we can be friends anymore. She tried to kill me and my imaginary boyfriend. I realize this sounds ridiculous, but I am. I'm Imaginary.

This isn't the first time it has happened. All my imaginary friends leave me or die. I can't change it, it's destined. When you can't change it, fight it forever. I call those "poet's lives".

Even all my "real" friends leave me. I think I mollycoddle them too much, but I don't know what else to do. How do I hold on to their hands through the sands of time? I don't want to be alone. Lisa made me feel whole and good. But now I'm alone. I'm numb.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SillyEvee Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: EV

Re: I've had a fight with my imaginary friend. - January 14th 2009, 10:58 PM

Do you have someone you can talk to offline about this? Since I don't know you, I can't give you too much practical help except advise you to go to a counsellor. If you've parents you can talk to, they'd be good. A trusted teacher would be OK. If you're religious (your profile says Christian, but I don't know how religious you are), maybe a priest/minister would be a good option.
If you want to talk to someone online about this, you can send me a PM if you like, but I can't give you any real advice or even comfort without actually talking to you.
Take care,
--EV

--EV--
Congrats Canada's Juniors! 5 in a row!
Last Sunday morning, the sunshine felt like rain.
Week before, they all seemed the same.
And oh, I ain't wastin' time no more
Cause time goes by like hurricanes, and faster things.
--The Allman Brothers Band

Things seem impossible until you start to do them.

PM me anytime. I love to talk. :]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Imaginary Offline
Average Joe

Re: I've had a fight with my imaginary friend. - January 15th 2009, 10:36 AM

I'm not actually Christan, I'm just at a loss as to how to alter that. I can't talk to my parents, and I'm seeing a counselor, but she's a cunt so I don't like talking at her. Thanks though.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
becky Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I've had a fight with my imaginary friend. - January 15th 2009, 11:00 AM

I don't understand this. So you are one of the alter friends... Or you just have them?
  Send a message via AIM to becky  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I've had a fight with my imaginary friend. - January 15th 2009, 11:36 AM

I don't really understand you? So you have imaginary friends as in people you make up in your head but arent' really there?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I've had a fight with my imaginary friend. - January 15th 2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary View Post
I don't think we can be friends anymore. She tried to kill me and my imaginary boyfriend. I realize this sounds ridiculous, but I am. I'm Imaginary.

This isn't the first time it has happened. All my imaginary friends leave me or die. I can't change it, it's destined. When you can't change it, fight it forever. I call those "poet's lives".

Even all my "real" friends leave me. I think I mollycoddle them too much, but I don't know what else to do. How do I hold on to their hands through the sands of time? I don't want to be alone. Lisa made me feel whole and good. But now I'm alone. I'm numb.
Hey there.

It must be really hard for you to deal with the feelings that you get when these imaginary friends leave you. I'm sorry that you feel like you're alone right now too, that must feel horrible, and you don't deserve to feel that way.
What exactly do you mean when you say that you are imaginary?
How do you feel about having these imaginary friends?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Imaginary Offline
Average Joe

Re: I've had a fight with my imaginary friend. - January 16th 2009, 10:16 AM

My name is Imaginary. And I mean many things.

I've since reconciled with my imaginary friend, but we don't do the things we normally do (like talking). Over the past little while (years) I think I see a face or feel someone, sometimes hear whispers. But they're becoming more frequent and are accompanied by jolts of fear and sometimes emotional pain. However, if this is the work of divine spirits or my own subconscious, I sense little malicious intent. Oddly enough, I can only speak to Lisa or see anything like this in my own house. I'm far from an expert on this, but I think our house may be haunted, which is a theory Iíve debated since I was a young child.

I may be called schizophrenic if I went to a psychiatrist, but I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing. I can certainly comprehend my surroundings, various tests have said that I'm above average intelligence (I personally think those tests prove shit), and Iíve been praised for my artistic abilities. This diag-nonsense would probably be due to my refusal to explain things to people, as I firmly believe that one needs to figure out things for themselves, unfortunately.

Yes, I realize Lisa is in my head, and yes, I realize this should probably be in another category, but I started it here, and I don't really have anywhere else to go.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Claire Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Re: I've had a fight with my imaginary friend. - January 17th 2009, 06:17 AM

You don't sound schizophrenic. You sound like you definitely have something, even if its just depression or a personality disorder. Only a psychiatrist can diagnose that and for that to happen, you need to talk to them and be straight. If you dislike your therapist, you can change. See your doctor, explain what is going on and say you want help but your not getting it with your current therapist. Hopefully they will change them for one you can talk to.

Obviously if your happy the way you are then fine, but you don't sound it. You sound lonely and to get over that you need to get over this by talking to someone that can help. Though we can't diagnose you or help you professionally on TH, we are here to support you and if you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me hun. x

Closed Thread