TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Michaela

being judged - December 10th 2018, 08:35 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I was supposed to meeting up with a friend today, but she said something truly awful yesterday and now I can't even face her. She basically judged me because I wear makeup every day, she said it makes me look like a slut, I don't put a lot on, I don't plaster it on, I don't need a lot of the foundation I use. I can't believe she basically called me a slut, what kind of a friend does that? Its getting to the point where I think everyone is going to judge me about everything. I'm scared to leave the house, every time a friend wants to meet up with me now I will be paranoid that they will judge me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: being judged - December 10th 2018, 04:20 PM

I'm sorry to hear what your friend said. Makeup can be controversial at times as everyone will have different opinions on it, but it was really harsh for your friend to say that wearing makeup all the time makes you look like a slut. While there might be rules when it comes to school and work, you are free to wear as much or as little makeup as you want in your personal life and you shouldn't have to deal with such comments, especially from a friend. Do you think it might help to have a talk with your friend about how what she said upset you?

Not everyone will judge you and those that do aren't worth your time

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: being judged - December 11th 2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyn View Post
I'm sorry to hear what your friend said. Makeup can be controversial at times as everyone will have different opinions on it, but it was really harsh for your friend to say that wearing makeup all the time makes you look like a slut. While there might be rules when it comes to school and work, you are free to wear as much or as little makeup as you want in your personal life and you shouldn't have to deal with such comments, especially from a friend. Do you think it might help to have a talk with your friend about how what she said upset you?

Not everyone will judge you and those that do aren't worth your time
I am going to meet up with her tomorrow and try and talk things through, I need to tell her that if she keeps going on like this then I will have to cut her out of my life and I don't want to keep cutting people out of my life all of time, its depressing, stressing and it makes me feel like its me who has caused it all when I know I haven't.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Saudade. Offline
Articles Writer
Regular TeenHelper

Re: being judged - December 11th 2018, 08:04 PM

While your friend was wrong in calling you a slut for wearing make-up, maybe there's an underlying reason. Maybe she's too critical of her looks and believe wearing make-up would only serve to make her even less attractive. I would try to feel her out, get her thoughts and opinion on make-up in general first before you get all accusatory. Don't get me wrong, I can only imagine how badly it hurt to have a close friend call you a whore simply because you wanted to look nice. But maybe try thinking outside the box just a little bit.

Best of luck!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: being judged - December 12th 2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminescence. View Post
While your friend was wrong in calling you a slut for wearing make-up, maybe there's an underlying reason. Maybe she's too critical of her looks and believe wearing make-up would only serve to make her even less attractive. I would try to feel her out, get her thoughts and opinion on make-up in general first before you get all accusatory. Don't get me wrong, I can only imagine how badly it hurt to have a close friend call you a whore simply because you wanted to look nice. But maybe try thinking outside the box just a little bit.

Best of luck!
We are going to talk about it today hopefully we will get things sorted and still be friends

Closed Thread