TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CubanitaChica Offline
Average Joe

Exclamation Running Away - May 29th 2009, 10:17 PM

I can't take it anymore I'm running away tonight. My little brother keeps going to the bathroom in his pants, 1 and 2. and he's 9 years old. He refused to go change and so I told my mom. They've been fighting for about 15 min now and my little brother managed to pull the towel bar in the bathroom down. Then my mom came up here, hovered over me with a rubber spatula in her hand, which she normally hits me with and was screaming at me, literally 2 inches from my face, that im not his mother and to stay out of it and that no one died and left me in charge and to stay out out of everyone elses business and to stop breathing on everyone and she doesnt care if he smells and all this and im now crying uncontrolably and I've had it, every day its something else with this family. I am running away tonight.

"Make it stop,
Let this end.
This life chose me, I'm not lost in sin.
But proud I stand of who I am,
I plan to go on living."

Rest In Peace:
RCG
GCG

Live = Let Live Movement
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Live-L...79402865439290

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Running Away - May 30th 2009, 12:44 AM

Hi Chica,

Try to calm down and take deep breaths. Families go through rough times, but the important thing is to stay calm and keep your wits about you. What your brother and mom are doing is not right, and it should be dealt with. Especially your mom's behavior is not appropriate. She should be teaching her children how to behave, not threatening them.

Do your best to think of this as a problem that needs to be solved. Running away wont solve the problem, it will most likely increase it. The street is a dangerous place, and you need to be careful. Your safety is a number one priority. If you feel unsafe at home, then you need to contact someone about it, not run away. There are other ways of getting out.

If you absolutely need to get out and you feel unsafe at home, then I highly suggest going over to a friend's house or another family member's house. From there, you can contact social services, either by looking up a number in the phone book or online. This way they can assess what's going on at your house and be able to put you in a safer environment. You will not be safer on the street, so this is your best option.

Running away is not a good thing to do right now. You need to take some time and think about this when you're calmer and try to figure out what is best for your well being.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
erika-snowden Offline
NOOB =]
Not a n00b

Name: erika

Re: Running Away - May 30th 2009, 11:04 PM

I'm sorry I don't have longer to reply but just remember you aren't on your own, you have a lot of people out here who care for you

Siblings can be the worst at times but just remember all the good times

Love Longer.
Laugh Louder.
Hug Harder.
Smile Bigger.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BeautyKills :O Offline
Bookworm 8-|
Average Joe

Re: Running Away - May 31st 2009, 01:52 PM

Honestly speaking, I've thought about running away too but then thinking about it again... There's no use. I mean, I know what you're going through is hard but think about it, what will you get from running away? It'll just make you run away from the things life throws at you. At times like this, you should stay strong. That's why we're here in TH, to help and make each other feel better.

Hope this helps. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Maya Angelou
  Send a message via MSN to BeautyKills :O  
Closed Thread