TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

She doesn't want to be friends anymore. - July 20th 2020, 10:11 PM

[SIZE="a"]I was grocery shopping with my mom today, my mask was caught in my braid. My mom tried to fix it and she said I have to take the mask off for a minute. I did, one of my friends with her mom saw me with it off and my mom pulling it out of my hair and said that we don't follow the rules, we can't be friends anymore. My mom said my mask was caught in my hair, they said that they don't care and walked away from us. My mom said don't get upset.[/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Re: She doesn't want to be friends anymore. - July 22nd 2020, 05:07 AM

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

From your description it appears that your friend is being really petty. This also shows his/her/their true colours; if they were really your friend, I'm sure they would have at least listened to your side of the story.

I agree with your mom - since they didn't even bother to listen to what you had to say, I don't think you should spend too much time worrying about them. It's not worth pondering over those who don't seem to care about us.

I understand that it's your friend at the end of the day, and it really sucks to lose a friend. But the question is, is it worth holding onto a friend like this?

I'm sure you'll meet many other wonderful friends, if you haven't already. So don't worry too much; if this person really cares for you and your friendship, they'll come back to you eventually and possibly even apologise for behaving in this manner.

So don't you worry; at the end of the day, you know you have nothing to feel guilty about

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière

I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: She doesn't want to be friends anymore. - July 22nd 2020, 12:00 PM

Pardon me for saying, but it sounds like your friend has a stick up their backside, so to speak. I understand people being a stickler for rules, but come on... you took it off for one moment, for a good reason. It's not as though you did it 'just because'. You had a problem and needed to fix it.

I have to ask, how old is your friend? That seems like such childish behaviour on their part.

As much as it may be upsetting to you that you may have lost a friend, as Mallika said, are they really worth having as a friend? If they're going to get huffy over one small blip, I have to wonder what else they will react so stupidly for.

Although the situation wasn't very nice, see the positive side in it. Now you know what kind of person your friend is. There are better friends to be made out there that won't get their underwear in a twist over something so petty as that.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Dusk. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: She doesn't want to be friends anymore. - July 23rd 2020, 05:30 AM

Hi there,

I agree with the above posts in saying that it is quite silly that your friend doesn't want to talk to you because of something as minor as that. I agree with your Mum as well.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Re: She doesn't want to be friends anymore. - December 1st 2020, 02:41 PM

While I agree with your mum, losing a friend can hurt deeply, but maybe one day your lost friend may see you again and make up. That's what good friends so, but not always. I kno in my own life how many times people leave me, but I hvae to understand they had needs to be met even if meant they had to move.

One day, often when we least expect, we meet like-0minded people and become friends. Your loneliness I feel because I've been there, but we will not be lonely for ever.

I hope given time, things will get better for you.

Thank you for reaching out. I will always try and be here for them what need. Friendship, even online friendship is way better than none at all.

Love,
Wendi