TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Uncle and Aunt Having a divorce - May 31st 2009, 11:38 PM

Hello,

My Uncle is going through a sloppy divorce. My aunt(my fathers sister in-law) is a big gold digger! My uncle is really rich, he owns a multimillion dollar tech firm. He went out of state to check his employees else where... then he came back on a plane and all his furnature is gone. He have like a 10k telelvision, 4k projector, high end couches and like 5 computers(ouch) after ten years she left him! She took everything. Even the kid. and wants child custody and she is like 10 years old and he will have to pay till she is like... 21... (done university)

But another thing Im thinking about buying a computer. But not from him. And i know this is like polical suicide if my parents know lol. Now my uncle will own half of everything he once owned.

I dont know what to do.

Newegg.com offers deals that are way to good like i can save 30 percent if i build my own computer lol. But i feel really bad.

Even if i buy from him he wont make much money from me. Maybe like 100 bucks at most cuz of the discounts. But heck. I dunno.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Uncle and Aunt Having a divorce - June 2nd 2009, 10:35 PM

Hey Tomb,

It's a shame when a divorce can rip apart someone's life to this extent. I don't think it is fair at all that your aunt took so much from your uncle and I am surprised she can get away with it. But first of all the question is, can she get away with it?

I think that your uncle should talk to his lawyer about this to settle this out. His ex wife may not have been allowed to take that much and it should have been settled legally and with his consent. Those were his possessions that she took. If he bought them himself and not with shared money, then they should belong to him. Make sure he does talk to a lawyer about this if he hasn't already.

As for buying the computer, I would suggest buying what you can afford and what you want. Your uncle may not have the kind of computer that you are looking for. I'm sure he can understand that. He shouldn't expect that just because he owns the company that the family has to buy from him. That's not fair to expect. It may cause a bit of a dispute, but I don't think it should be a problem if you buy from elsewhere. Your uncle doesn't need to know either.

I hope your uncle can get things settled out with his ex, and that you end up with the computer you want.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread