TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Friends and Family (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/)
-   -   Triggering: My friend's mom. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/t161292-my-friends-mom/)

hocus pocus February 13th 2021 11:37 PM

My friend's mom.

Hi guys.

My friend's mom is sick, with stage four cancer. The cancer was reduced, but she got sick from the treatment. She unfortunately got covid and is currently in the hospital and she is fighting to recover.

She's a good friend of mine. I actually met her online a long time ago. I wanted to post this because my friend is praying and hoping her mom will start feeling better soon and I wanted to ask you to do the same. If you don't pray, maybe you can keep her in your thoughts. I feel kind of powerless. I just want my friend to be okay.

Ennui. February 14th 2021 01:16 AM

Re: My friend's mom.

I am so sorry. It sucks when it’s something so out of your control like this. I don’t pray but your friend’s mom and family will be in my thoughts. Thinking healing thoughts. :hug:

DeletedAccount59 February 14th 2021 11:18 AM

I'm so sorry your friend is dealing with this right now. I don't pray either but I'll be keeping her and her family in my thoughts. Sending good healing vibes their way. Feel free to keep us updated if you want.

:hug:

Everglow. February 14th 2021 08:34 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your friends mum. All of this piled on top of each other can't be easy for you or your friend, and least of all her mum. I'll definitely keep you all in my thoughts. Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do to help. :hug:

hocus pocus February 14th 2021 11:08 PM

Thank you for your replies.

She passed away today, on Valentine’s Day... and I don’t know. she’s about 12 hours away and I really, really wish I had the means to go be with her right now. I hate not being able to do anything.

Isn’t that crappy? I don’t understand why the best of people suffer like this. Why is it that her mom’s gone and people like abusers are still around? I don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rivière February 15th 2021 12:55 PM

The worst of things always seem to happen to the best of people.

The best thing you can do is try and support your friend through her grief. It doesn't always have to be spending time chatting through texts or even phone calls. If you have something set up like zoom or skype, just being there on the other end without saying anything can be a huge comfort. Especially when really, there isn't much a person can really say to help make the situation better.

With all of that said, don't forget to take time for yourself. We're here if you need us. :hug: