TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Michaela

Points: 8,877, Level: 13 Points: 8,877, Level: 13 Points: 8,877, Level: 13

Had to block him - February 27th 2022, 08:20 PM

I had to block one of my close friends today and tbh it really hurt. I think he is on this site too but I am not mentioning names. Let's just say he was asking personal questions I wasn't comfortable with, pestering me when they know I have a daughter to sort, swearing at me and threatening to block me unless I replied when it suited them. In the end I'd had enough, we were close but enough is enough. I feel sad I've had to block him but it was starting to affect my mental health.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24

Re: Had to block him - February 28th 2022, 03:55 AM

Hi there, Michaela. I think that is a very strong thing to do. It sounds to me that you've put a lot of thought into this decision. Your mental health is the upmost priority, and should be your focus. Losing someone hurts, no matter the circumstances. From losing someone to death, to cutting ties with someone in general, to simply deciding that you need a short break from a person - it all takes a toll and often is accompanied by a feeling of loss, pain and/or sadness.

In my life, I have had to cut many ties. From friends, to random strangers, to even family members. I wish I could say that with each loss, it gets "easier". But that would be a lie. It does not get easier. But now looking back on those losses, I can see they allowed me the time to heal, to grow, and to move on. From that experience, you stop looking at it as a "loss", and begin to look at it as experience, and as growth.

Eventually, you too will be happy with your decision to pick yourself first. Continue to keep yourself safe, happy and growing.

Best wishes,
Chris

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
— Malala Yousafzai
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10

Re: Had to block him - February 28th 2022, 06:27 AM

Hi,
For my opinion, blocking someone is something pretty hard to do, but also something you must do when the situation gets pretty tricky.
Before doing it, I prefer just not to reply. That person doesn't need my time and not replying one after one he will learn.
I hope.
I swear.
Use the block option as your last chance.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Michaela

Points: 8,877, Level: 13 Points: 8,877, Level: 13 Points: 8,877, Level: 13

Re: Had to block him - March 1st 2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro04 View Post
Hi,
For my opinion, blocking someone is something pretty hard to do, but also something you must do when the situation gets pretty tricky.
Before doing it, I prefer just not to reply. That person doesn't need my time and not replying one after one he will learn.
I hope.
I swear.
Use the block option as your last chance.
The block option was my last chance especially when they brought my child into it.

Last edited by Effy2018; March 1st 2022 at 06:15 PM.
Closed Thread