TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Name: Jessie

I don't have many friends. - June 11th 2009, 06:23 AM

I suffer from depression, I got to therapy, and I'm getting some what better, but at the same time worst because I'm seeing things I didn't before.
Like, I pretty much have no friends. The ones I do have either live too far away or can NEVER hang out. I use to have a lot, but things would happen to upset me and I just couldn't deal with it. I want friends, I really do, I just can't figure out how to make friends since I'm so shy and I'm home schooled. The only real social thing I do is go to work. I can't really join groups because of the factor of me being shy, not have anyone I know, and being afraid everyone will hate me. I may go back to school, but not this year after summer, but next year, but I can't wait a year to make new friends. I don't want to take summer classes either and sports, I just don't do them because I suck at playing sports. I have no clue how to make friends, as I stated, I'm way too shy.

When you fall, don't always expect someone to pick you up. Do it yourself, you're stronger then you think. Brush yourself off and keep your head high.

"She loves me, she loves me not, despite the fact I smell like pot, I write this poem to you Jessie, are you my lady love to be?" -
sphynx

Send a message via AIM to Jessielove Send a message via Skype™ to Jessielove 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: I don't have many friends. - June 11th 2009, 08:00 AM

Hi Jessie
Maybe you want to try going to the park and hang out. Remember people need people I am sure you wll not be the only new girl in your school next year. If you don't like sports try joining the newspaper group.
Smiling definitely helps. If you see someone you may want to connect with, you don't even have to say anything, just give them a little smile.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I don't have many friends. - June 11th 2009, 10:22 PM

Hi Jessie,

I know that you don't want to join groups because you are shy, but I still think that they would be worth checking out. There are plenty of activities out there that don't have to do with sports and that you don't need to be terribly outgoing to be a part of. I would suggest checking out pamplets at a community center or library. There are lots of groups about just about anything out there. Also, some places offer free programs for teens to be a part of.

Find out what you like doing. If you like reading, check out nearby book clubs, if you are into art, find out if there are any art classes, if you want to learn a language, see if there are any language classes available. You'd be surprised how many options there are, Jessie, so don't feel down. Do some research and see what there is in your area.

If you don't want to go alone, is there a friend or family member who would be interested in going with you? It might give you some bonding time with them and help you see more of your friends. If you take a class with a friend, then you get to see that friend at least whenever the classes are, and probably even more often if you phone them up to hang out.

It's not too late to make friends, so don't give up hope and wait for next year.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread