TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CubanitaChica Offline
Average Joe

I take back my earlier post from Good Days! - June 15th 2009, 12:45 AM

So, my family came home and crushed my good spirit, like usual. I got hit in the head and made fun of, as usual. Then at dinner my mom was being a hypocrite, like usual. And she yelled at me that she's tired of my attitude and I yelled back that I'm tired of them and basically im close to being grounded and I am soo tired of being told that a clean room comes before school like wtf is my moms problem, she needs to get her priorities straight because she really makes me want to set them straight for her and im not typically a violent person

"Make it stop,
Let this end.
This life chose me, I'm not lost in sin.
But proud I stand of who I am,
I plan to go on living."

Rest In Peace:
RCG
GCG

Live = Let Live Movement

(#2 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: I take back my earlier post from Good Days! - June 15th 2009, 12:50 AM

Sorry to hear that you're not having such a good day anymore. It really sucks when that kind of thing happens, eh? It seems like you're going through a lot with your family right now. Teenagers are undoubtedly going to argue with their parents. I argue with my parents all of the time. It's normal.

However you must realize when the arguing has come to a point where you need to sit down and address the situation. From the sounds of it, it seems like you should really sit down with your parents and talk this through. Communication is key in every relationship.

Tell them exactly how you feel in a polite and calm manner. Fix up what you've typed up here and explain it to them. Remember that your parents care about you and truly want the best for you, even if they don't show it at times. If you don't feel particularly comfortable explicitly talking to them about how you feel, there are other alternatives. Why not write them a letter or something?

Whatever you decide to do, I personally think that you should talk to them. Arguing every now and then is one thing and then that minor argument will blow over, but it seems like this is a bit different - a bit more heavy. I'd suggest that you do talk to your parents about it before anything occurs that could potentially hinder your relationship with your parents.

Good luck.

SUP BRO.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Re: I take back my earlier post from Good Days! - June 15th 2009, 12:52 AM

You shouldn't have to be 'hit in the head'...that sounds like physical abuse. call someone?

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti

(#4 (permalink)) Old
CubanitaChica Offline
Average Joe

Re: I take back my earlier post from Good Days! - June 15th 2009, 01:06 AM

Well, last time I tried that I got laughed at and they tried to blame me for it all. If you do this then... if you didnt do this then.... There is no reasoning with my parents. There is nonstop fights 24/7 and thats all and im sick and tired of it and im sick and tired of people on here saying they care cause I know a lot of people do but I'll go in say the chatroom and just get ignored. I am tired of this world. Sorry for typing this all to you im just sooo tired of everything

"Make it stop,
Let this end.
This life chose me, I'm not lost in sin.
But proud I stand of who I am,
I plan to go on living."

Rest In Peace:
RCG
GCG

Live = Let Live Movement

(#5 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: I take back my earlier post from Good Days! - June 15th 2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanitaChica View Post
Well, last time I tried that I got laughed at and they tried to blame me for it all. If you do this then... if you didnt do this then.... There is no reasoning with my parents. There is nonstop fights 24/7 and thats all and im sick and tired of it and im sick and tired of people on here saying they care cause I know a lot of people do but I'll go in say the chatroom and just get ignored. I am tired of this world. Sorry for typing this all to you im just sooo tired of everything
Believe me, I do know how you feel. I'm going through something similar. I feel like I can't trust anyone because of a lot of things that I've been through. It seems like you're just fed up with people telling you that you care when you feel ignored. I'm sorry that you feel this way.

Sometimes children don't feel like their parents give them enough attention or enough positive confidence. Just keep in mind that you're not alone. Is there anyone else that you could talk to about this; anyone else that you feel comfortable talking to about this?

Don't get me wrong, it's greatthat you took the initiative to seek help on this website. Not many people could do that; you should feel very proud. However it may be more beneficial for you to seek offline help, from an adult that you feel you can trust. You could speak to a close family member (aside from your parents and immediate family), a neighbour, a teacher, a guidance counselor, etc. It may be helpful for you to seek a different perspective from someone who knows you and your family a bit better.

SUP BRO.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Re: I take back my earlier post from Good Days! - June 15th 2009, 03:04 AM

My parents are crazy controlling, what I do to get back at them is too not give in to any of their subtle insults and act unaffected. Nothing I do really changes how they act to me, and not reducing myself to their level makes me feel better.

1 more year, college.

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I take back my earlier post from Good Days! - June 15th 2009, 09:44 PM

Hi Chica,

I understand exactly where your coming from, and no matter how people act in chat, we do support you. Next time you need to talk, please feel free to PM me or another staff member. We will not turn you down And there are other options, like LiveHelp and HelpLINK that you could use.

Sometimes parents just don't understand things from their kid's point of view. To them, a messy room may seem like a huge end-of-the-world situation, when you are more worried about your school work. They don't understand what you are going through and how you feel because they aren't experiencing like you are.

I think the best way to deal with this is to compromise. I find that it works when my mom wants me to clean around the house. I just tell her that I need to write something for school and I'll clean it right after, and she'll let me finish. Try that with your parents and see how they react. Make sure you are calm about it, and they wont have any reason to disagree.

I'm sorry that you need to put up with so much from your parents. Stay strong and wait it out. You wont need to live with them forever.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Renna Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Silje

Re: I take back my earlier post from Good Days! - June 15th 2009, 10:00 PM

I know the feeling of a family like that... My parents are fucked up and controlling, and my dad's constantly judging everything I do and everyone I know. Oh yeah, and the school+chores thing. It's damn tiering, I know.
Stay strong, eh? I know it's hard and tiresome, but I'm positive you'll get through!

If you wanna talk, feel free to PM me or whatever.
  Send a message via MSN to Renna  
Closed Thread