TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rockstar29 Offline
Not a n00b

Question scared to go to my friends party - June 18th 2009, 06:32 PM

ok so my friend is having a barbecue for the drama club but im rele self consious of how i look in a bathing suit cause my mom keeps saying im fat. i know i shouldnt listen to her and i usually dont but these girls that r gonna be there r like twigs...one of them is my best friend and i just find myself rele jealous of her cause shes so much prettier, skinnier, and talented than i am. i dont want them to see me in a bathing suit cause i usually wear black clothes that make me look thinner than i really am. when im in a bathing suit my stomach rolls show. i dont want them looking at me like wow i thought u were skinnier. what should i do????

(#2 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: scared to go to my friends party - June 18th 2009, 10:01 PM

hmm, i doubt they will be like that and you shouldn't listen to your mom about how you look, that's not nice of her to say. maybe discuss this with your friend, tell her how you're feeling. i wouldn't worry to much about it, go and have fun!

if you don't want to wear a bathing suit, just don't go swimming, just say "oh, i forgot my swimsuit at home" or something. (:

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: scared to go to my friends party - June 18th 2009, 10:57 PM

Hey,

First off I am sorry that your mom says that to you. That is extremely cruel and no parent should say that to their child. Parents are supposed to love their kids. You do not deserve that.

Do you think you could talk to your friend about the way you are feeling? Maybe she could help you through it and give you some advice or something. And, I doubt any of the girls will make comments about you. Try and have fun.

If you are really worried about it maybe you could bring a cute tank top and shorts to wear over your swim suit? That way you won't feel so self conscious. I don't know it is something that you could take into to consideration.

I hope this helped and if you need someone to talk to feel free to pm or aim me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
rockstar29 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: scared to go to my friends party - June 18th 2009, 11:45 PM

the girls in drama arent innocent girls...they r bitchy stuck up snobs the ones that im worried about.
my friends dont care but like i said all my friends are twigs so i look like the misfit next to them....not only cause im a bit chubby but because im the oldest and i havent gotten a lead in drama in all 4 years of high school....they've been getting leads in the musicals since they were sophs....and it just rele sucks.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: scared to go to my friends party - June 19th 2009, 09:30 PM

Hey there,

I think it's terrible that your mom has been saying things like that. It's really not fair that it has been affecting you this much and I do hope you ignore her.

I really hope you do go to the barbecue. Your friend isn't trying to host a negative event- it's just supposed to be for fun- and I'm sure people wont be making fun of your for any reason. If you don't want to wear your bathing suit around them, just wear a t-shirt over or a t-shirt and swim shorts. Just say that you haven't gotten around to buying a new bathing suit yet, or you are worried about getting really sunburned. Or you could just hang out and not swim. It really depends on what you want to do.

Give the party a try. If you feel uncomfortable when you are there, then you can go home early. No one is trying to force you into anything you don't want to do.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
kimvia Offline
is asleep
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kim

Re: scared to go to my friends party - June 20th 2009, 04:24 AM

Maybe you would be more confident in a cute black one piece? Also, they make ones that kind of hold in your tummy.

PM me any time, ok? I'm always here to help.

What's the second amendment for?
Just in case the government takes away the first.

Closed Thread