TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Haley Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Haley

Angry Can someone please give me an honest opinion about this? - June 19th 2009, 06:51 PM

I was on the roleplay forums on neopets. Roleplaying is basically where you write a story with one or more persons. All of a sudden, this person contacts me for a one-on-one, which I agree to. After a few days, she's like "wow, you suck" and blocks me after we argue about quality vs. quantity. My posts were a little shorter than hers- about two lines- and mine were written better. Since then, she's had THREE FRIENDS do the same thing to me and they're like "wow, she was right!"
I didn't think I wrote that badly...
I mean, I am literally having to change my AIM username, my MSN name, my email, and my website to get her to stop bothering me.

Can someone give me an honest opinion, please? What can I improve?

One Last Goodbye by ~ohmyhaley on deviantART

Give me something to believe in
a breath from the breathing
so write it down
I don't think that I'll close my eyes
'cause lately I'm not dreaming
so what's the point in sleeping?
it's just that at night
I've got nowhere to hide.
  Send a message via AIM to Haley Send a message via MSN to Haley Send a message via Yahoo to Haley  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Elizabeth Offline
Just keep swimming!
I've been here a while

Name: Elizabeth

Re: Can someone please give me an honest opinion about this? - June 19th 2009, 10:27 PM

First, I play neopets and giving out your email and stuff isn't allowed... but anyway. I would just report the girl and move on.
Honestly, it is just a game and while what people can say can be hurtful, try not to take it to heart. Don't stop roleplaying just because of one person though!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Can someone please give me an honest opinion about this? - June 19th 2009, 10:28 PM

Hello Haley,

It sounds like you are dealing with some pretty mean people online right now. You've definitely done the right thing by changing your addresses and staying away from her and her friends. You don't need to put up with their nonsense.

You are not a bad writer, Haley, so don't listen to them for a moment. It sounds like they are just looking to pick on people instead of RPing and making friends. I think you write quite well, actually

Stay away from them from now on. Don't reply to anything they send you or say to you. They do not deserve on bit of your attention.

Stay strong, and keep writing!

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
killrsRquiet Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Can someone please give me an honest opinion about this? - June 24th 2009, 08:46 PM

well personally i like your writing and i thinks its pretty good. you shoudlnt listen to that girl i mean she may have told her friends to pruposly say that and its only one persons opinion nothing more. and its good that your ignoring her you really dont need to talk to this person anyway. but you could report her

"i wasn't very much fun to be with anyway"
- Slipknot

Closed Thread