TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
InTheFlood Offline
Walking In The Sun...
I've been here a while

Name: Amelia

Exclamation What can I do? - June 20th 2009, 12:53 AM

So a good friend of mine has started to blank me a lot recently. Before all this I would have called her my closest friend, and one of very few people I trust.
The thing is, I don't even know what I did wrong, or why she's doing this.
It was literally one day having a laugh and a joke the next she barely speaks to me. Its been going on for a couple of weeks.
And I just really don't know what to do or say. More than anything I'd like to know what I've done, I mean I don't think I've upset her. As far as I can tell anyway, I can't see what I could have done.

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║▌║
ORIGINAL MCFLY FAN

"Another year over, and we're still together.
It's not always easy, but McFly's here forever
I know you believe me, when you look into my eyes
'Cause McFly never dies, because The Heart Never Lies!"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: What can I do? - June 20th 2009, 01:00 AM

Hi Amelia,

The best way to really fix this with your friend is to just ask her what has been going on recently and if there is anything she would like to talk through with you. Let her know that you are concerned that you may have said something to upset her and that you'd really like to fix things between the two of you.

She may just need a bit of space because of stress or something going on at home. If there was something you might have said to upset her, then let her know that you are willing to talk it through.

I'm a little confused at what could have happened too, but the best thing to do is really just communicate how you feel and ask what has been going on with her lately.

I hope everything goes well for you.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: What can I do? - June 20th 2009, 09:28 PM

I agree with Nat. You really should talk to your friend, as this is the only way you'll find out what's going on.
You may have unintentionally upset her, it could have been a mis-interpretted comment or something. People see things in different lights, so what may have been a harmless joke to you, might have affected her in a different way.

Hope things work out =]

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#4 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: What can I do? - June 20th 2009, 09:33 PM

This can happen sometimes with close friends. Has this ever happened before? When some people get upset, they tend to close themselves off to the world - even their close friends, as you appear to be. People deal with things differently and it's important to try to fully understand that and empathize with her.

Like yourself and the posters above, I'm a bit confused as to what happened or why she's acting the way she is. The confusion that I have isn't unlikely considering I don't know your friend. Have you tried to speak to her about it since she stopped talking to you? I can understand how that may be difficult, especially if she hasn't been talking to you.

My advice would be to avoid assuming anything. I can see that you're worried you may have done something to warrant this behaviour but that may not be the case. It's better to avoid assuming (and worrying about it) when you don't know the reason for her behaviour.

Try to talk to her about it. Let her know that you care and are worried that you may have done something to upset her, thus resulting in her not speaking to you. If this happens to no avail, give her some space and time. I'm sure she'll appreciate that. Sometimes we all need a bit of time to ourselves, even away from those who care about us and love us the most.

Good luck with everything and I'm sure everything will work out for the two of you.

SUP BRO.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
InTheFlood Offline
Walking In The Sun...
I've been here a while

Name: Amelia

Re: What can I do? - June 23rd 2009, 01:42 PM

K thanks guys I talked to her.
It was all a misunderstanding.
You know the story, a lot of he said she said.

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║▌║
ORIGINAL MCFLY FAN

"Another year over, and we're still together.
It's not always easy, but McFly's here forever
I know you believe me, when you look into my eyes
'Cause McFly never dies, because The Heart Never Lies!"

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: What can I do? - June 24th 2009, 07:09 PM

I'm glad you got this worked out, Amelia. Misunderstandings happen sometimes, but it's great you were able to talk through this one.

I'm going to close this for now. If anything else comes up, feel free to PM me about it or make a new thread.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread