TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
רִבְקָה Offline
Confuzzled Teen
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rebekah

Parents cant sort out my devil sister - June 21st 2009, 09:47 AM

i am 17, my sister is 15. she is the most vile person you will ever meet, i say this without doubt. So ill start from somewhere in the middle

Recently, my mum had an operation scheduled. A major operation where she could die. we went on a family holiday. Dad, mum, me and my sister. while on holiday, she made my mum cry several times, fought physically with both parents, kicking at my mums face at one point, she ran away, and made us nearly miss our flights, she didnt participate, she swore at them in public, the list goes on.

the last thing she said to mum was "i F*cking hate you, i wish you would die, you horrible b*tch" that was before the operation. Mum had the op, shes fine thank goodness. this just made me dis-own her. if mum had died and that was the last thing she said i could never forgive her.

Now home, she yells at them, swears, fights, bullies them until she gets what she wants. she cares about her apperance, that is all, she is selfish, arrogant, stuck up and dirty mouthed.

Mum and dad threaten and threaten to take things away. the net, her cellphone, her priviledges, they wont buy her things, they'll go up to the school. but the NEVER do. they have done nothing. then when she kicks off, they yell at one another, "what is wrong with her" - then start threatening again. I know the problem is they dont follow through. but they cant see it. they think they are doing nothing wrong.

my sister is also a thief. She has been caught stealing money from them and they forgave her. she did it again they forgave her. she stole money from me, of course i had no proof so my parents didnt believe me. she used my computer while we were out leaving history and cookies behind, even though she knows she has been banned from all internet access and she is not allowed in my room. i showed my parents, they did nothing. this made me get a lock on my bedroom door. she then took my keys and locked the door, making me look like i had locked myself out.

i work aswell as go to school so i buy stuff myself. everything i have my sister has, except they have bought it for her. yet, if i am bad they take away things i have bought, things I own and punish me. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. everytime i suggest something, they tell me not to stick my nose in.

Guys, im sorry this was so long, but do you know anything i can do? im stuck. if i dont help, my sister steals from me, makes hell and makes my parents upset. if i try to help, i get yelled at for sticking my nose in. there is something seriously wrong with my sister.

Any idea what i can do?
Thank, Rebekah

Last edited by רִבְקָה; June 23rd 2009 at 11:02 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ridiculousness Offline
Average Joe

Re: Parents cant sort out my devil sister - June 23rd 2009, 09:59 AM

Hi Rebekah!

You know, you have no idea how much I relate to this. I have an out of control younger sibling as well. I read this thinking "omg. I could've written this'. haha, but serious:

You really need to to talk to your parents, and suggest some sort of therapy...because it won't get better, sadly. This isn't normal, she probably has something deeper than just being well...to put it simply, a bitch. She needs to see a professional.

Is the behaviour only directed towards your parents? What about her friends...or you?

I wish the best for you! I know how hard this can be...really.

Help my little eggiweggs! =D Prease?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
רִבְקָה Offline
Confuzzled Teen
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Parents cant sort out my devil sister - June 23rd 2009, 10:58 AM

hey Emilie,
its pretty amazing how you think no one can relate and then here you are

Its directed at my parents and myself. her friends find her funny and a great person, her friends parents find her charming, and her school reports are normally quite average.

its almost like split personality. im finding it tough to talk to my parents as they think they are doing the right thing, but ill get on their case. I think you are right, as some sort of therapy is needed.

i hope your situation gets better too. sometimes i forget younger siblings are terrorizing their families out there

Last edited by רִבְקָה; June 23rd 2009 at 11:03 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Parents cant sort out my devil sister - June 23rd 2009, 11:05 AM

Hey Rebeka,

I too have a out of control sister who is younger than me so I can totally understand what you're saying. Speak to your parents and let them know they have to put their foot down. When they make rules for your sister make them stick to them.
Emilie, I have to disagree it's nothing that professional help will help I think it's just they need to be a little more disciplined with her sister.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
רִבְקָה Offline
Confuzzled Teen
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Parents cant sort out my devil sister - June 23rd 2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpaigiexx View Post
Hey Rebeka,

I too have a out of control sister who is younger than me so I can totally understand what you're saying. Speak to your parents and let them know they have to put their foot down. When they make rules for your sister make them stick to them.
Emilie, I have to disagree it's nothing that professional help will help I think it's just they need to be a little more disciplined with her sister.
Thing is, they just cant put their foot down. A prime example happened today. My sister has been terribly behaved, swearing, yelling and then she asks for money to go out, and they give it to her.

I have been extremly un-lenient (sure thats not a word). i dont speak to her, ignore her questions, pretend like she isnt there. its easier and stops fights. she takes EVERY oppertunity to start an arguement.

She asked me to out her phone onto ebay and i said no. My dad then told me i had to, or her would not take me to work. Its like they play us against one another, but not to my benefit, even though i am not in the wrong.

its the small things like this, that seem insignificant as a situation alone, but once you have lived with it for months and its happened again and again, you just want to say "i give up" and exclude yourself.

Closed Thread