TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mel.x Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Dont know what to do. - June 25th 2009, 04:45 PM

I didnt post about this that long ago, so, sorry for posting about it again.. its just I dont know what to do.

I'll explain it again for people who didnt read it before. I have a best friend that ive been friends with for 11 years, we've always been really close and told eachother everything. But lately, shes been acting weird. I haven't spent anytime with her properly for about 6 weeks now, maybe longer, I only see her coz we do a job together for a lady and get paid for it. It seems like she doesn't want to see me, she says shes busy all the time but then she has time for her other friends. And she also said she had things going on in her life, but she said i wouldnt understand. I tried to be there for her but she wouldnt tell me. This has been really upsetting me. I have anxiety, so im unable to manage to go to school, and its difficult for me to meet new friends or see other people. She knows what situation im in and it just really makes me angry that she wont make any effort to help me or come out anywhere with me and she just doesnt seem to care and im havin a really hard time at the moment. I feel like I mean nothing to her.

I feel like just giving up on this friendship coz im making all the effort and trying to talk to her but she doesnt listen. I just feel like why should i do it anymore .

Last edited by Mel.x; June 25th 2009 at 05:03 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: Dont know what to do. - June 25th 2009, 05:08 PM

I'm sorry that you're currently going through this with your friend. It seems like she's quite important to you and as a result, this is taking a toll on you. Have you tried talking to her about the way you're feeling? I understand that may not be the easiest thing to do but you really won't know what's going on unless you talk to her about it.

If you're not comfortable talking to her about it face-to-face or if you never get a chance to do so, why not write your feelings down in a letter and somehow give it to her? I think that some form of communication between the two of you must take place. The method of communication depends on whatever you feel comfortable with.

Perhaps your friend is simply going through a rough time right now; we all do so. I could see things from your point-of-view. If she's spending time with other people but not with you, it doesn't seem fair right? Again, I strongly urge you to avoid assuming anything. Don't assume anything until you talk to her about what's going on. Believe me, assuming usually makes matters a lot worse.

SUP BRO.

Closed Thread